Hi anyone got any experience of teen stroke

Hi my son had an ischemic stroke, he is 18. Is there anyone with any experience of this? Thanks

@helcoop22 welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your son has had a stroke at such a young age. Very difficult for you all. I don’t have any experience of a teenage stroke as I was 49 when I had my stroke but I’m sure there will be someone on here who can help. If I had one bit of advice for you is that you need to be patient and look after yourself as well as your son. It’s a life changing event for you as well as your son. Good luck with everything xx

Thank you very much,

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Thank you I have visited different strokes and It was just what I was looking to find.

2 Likes

Hi,

I realize this post is a bit old but perhaps my answer can be useful for someone still.

I had an hemorrhagic stroke in the cerebellum at the age of 20, I am now 39. While it took me some years to recover, I eventually made an almost full recovery. My balance will never be as it was, but I can do any activity I want if I practice and have been working full time over 10 years now after finishing my masters degree.

I am from a pretty small country and felt there was little experience with young stroke survivors. My advice is to train hard and never give up. The brains ability to heal is amazing!

Hope your son has made good progress!

@Artiros welcome to this lovely forum. Sorry you had a stroke at such a young age but sounds like you’re doing amazing.

All the best.

Ann x