Hi all

Hi , I’m Lizzy, I had a stroke on the 2nd December 21 . I live in Jersey and was in Scotland visiting my family when I had my stroke, I fortunately got to hospital really quickly , thanks to my wee sister for spotting signs and getting ambulance , I had a Thrombolysis transfusion . I am 46 normally fit and healthy, so still trying to get my head around it all. I’m still waiting for further investigations now I’m back in jersey , my doctor referred my to neurology .

1 Like

Welcome Lizzy. How lucky to have a sister in the know. Stay strong and good luck in your journey to recovery.

1 Like

Hi Lizzy & welcome to this wonderful site where I hope you to will find advice/tips friendship & that shoulder to lean on from other people’s own stories & how they have managed their day to day lives .
what an attentive sister you have there knowing what to do … wonderful
Being such a young lass your road to recovery will I hope be a blessing to yourself & sister .
Stay strong Lizzy :))

1 Like

Hello @Lizzybobs, welcome to the forum. I was 44 when I had a cerebellar stroke in September 2020. There’s much to process after a stroke, and it is important to keep an eye on anxiety levels as it is easy to get carried away by them. The stroke I had remains cryptogenic, which means no cause was identified, so I must put it down to an unfortunate event, but I have my own suspicions as to what may have triggered it. Oh well, mustn’t ruminate. Please continue posting, and updating your progress, and a blwyddyn Newydd Dda to you for 2022.

1 Like

I hope you feel stronger soon,and have a better new year 2022☆

1 Like