Hello my name is Tony

Good morning everyone hope we had a good night’s kip. That means sleep
Lol I was up at my normal time 5-30 sh the dawn chorus. My normal routine stand up great big stretch get the blood flowing in my legs . kitchen here I come first cup off coffee tastes great first thing her ladyship still sleeping shhhhsh god help me if I wake her up
Plan my day probably 6 mile walk round the park packed lunch required. Let her ladyship enjoy her day I used to go fishing some Saturdays fraid I can’t at the moment it’s all uphil all the way walk the nearest thing enjoy your day all and be good

2 Likes

It’s been two years since I picked up a rod, finally did so a few weeks ago for some gentle catch and release. Tangled up my line a few times, didn’t catch anything, but enjoyed the outing.

Good for you unfortunately my fishing trip involves a long walk also it’s all uphill and just a dirt track it was easy pre stroke as I could. Cycle

1 Like

@Tony2 hope you enjoyed your walk. I still can’t go far. I tried a longer walk the other day & spent the next day Completely fatigued. Will try again another day though.
Enjoy your weekend.

2 Likes

I did thank you it’s a lovely walk along the river in pollok park then into the burrell collection it just been renovated stunning inside .then couple sandwiches flask off coffee managed 4 miles just over 4 hours off course quite a few seats

1 Like

Good evening all I hope we all had a good day it was a lovely sunny day here but rather chilly in the wind

Had a good day thanks. Was lovely in the sun. Feeling chilly tonight though & looking forward to a great night’s sleep

Good for you same here normal wake up time 5 am

Her ladyship away on a night out
Bought a firestick
What use is that it won’t light anything
Guess what ime doing for the rest off the night l wanted to watch butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid lol

1 Like

Your letter had me puzzled for a while. I live within sight of a sea inlet and I couldnt figure out why you had to go uphill to fish, Them the penny dropped that you fished in a lake and of course had to go uphill to find it!
For many years a devoted fly fisherman I had to sell all my gear including inflatable a few years ago when it was obvious that those days for me were numbered. I did get my old treasured fly rod out a few years ago when I needed to regain strength in my hand, wrist and arm and would daily spend time flicking a line with a hookless fly up and down my driveway, I had a pat answer for anyone who saw me and asked if I’d caught anything, the reply was “Yes, you are the third today”.

2 Likes

Good afternoon
Ref fishing
If you would like to know where I go you can Google Darnley for dams country park
There are some great photo and walking trails
Regards
Tony

I omitted to tell you that I live in New Zealand where the best fly fishing in the world exists. If you find you are going to visit us let me know and I’ll tell you all my favourite spots!
Deigh

Ime afraid I don’t think I will make it some how it’s a bit to far too swim
You were correct on your assumption the ponds are all uphill it would normally take me about 40 minutes to walk
Nowadays probably take me 4 hours there is no trout left to fish for its mainly perch pike and roach
Like you it’s catch and release for me as these fish are uneatable
I hope you get back out fishing soon and if you do I would certainly like to hear about your experiences
Regards
Tony

1 Like

I don’t support catch and release, I believe that once youv’e caught it you should knock it on the head and eat it. This is the common practice here in NZ where there are sufficient trout to be able to do this. They are a bit hard to catch nowadays but many years ago they were so plentiful that the officials for a while used to drag lake Taupo and Lake Rotorua with nets and destroy what they caught in order to keep the size up.
Deigh