Hello all!

My name is Eamonn (pronounced A-Mon) and I’m 52.
I had an Ischemic Stroke in August 2019.
My life was saved by a brilliant Surgeon and his team and I remained in hospital for 9 months.
I have a Wife, 2 sons and a dog called Bertie.
I have had to stop work etc and my social life has changed. I have good days and bad days. However I am determined to improve and have a daily routine, except Sundays.
My main goal is to walk the dog. I love watching Rugby Union and used to play, but been retired for years. I also love Music. There is loads to write, but I won’t go on too long.

9 Likes

Thanks for the lovely welcome Loshy.

2 Likes

@Hayeam welcome to this group, you are part of a group of people who have the best knowledge and experiences, which huge amounts of advice etc
good luck in your continued recovery
Chris

3 Likes

Wecome to the forum!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Chris.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Alis.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Eamonn and write all you want, we’ll listen :smile:
And it’s surprising what you’ll learn and just how similar we all are, if not completely alike. So bring all your bad days here and we’ll help to lift you back up. And you can start by sharing a photo of your dog, got a lot of dog lovers on here :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Eamonn and welcome to our merry band of stroke survivors. There’s always someone here to offer advice and information. Feel free to join us for a chat whenever you feel the need.

Wishing you well in your recovery and looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards Sue

2 Likes

@Hayeam Hi Eamonn & welcome to our lovely forum. It’s great to have you here.

Sounds like you had a difficult time of it back in 2019. I’m sure you’ll get back to walking Bertie again. You sound determined enough.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Best wishes.

Ann

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome EE. Picture of dog on the way, when I work this out :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Sue.

3 Likes

@Hayeam
We don’t want anyone to be someone affected by stroke but here we are.
It will be a learning experience for a while, but no one is judging you. We want you to feel comfortable and able to settle in.
Make use of this forum, it is a safe friendly place to be.

Being the lazy person that I am I couldn’t give a dog all that it needs, having said that I do like other peoples’ dogs.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Hayeam, I’m sure you will find lots of helpful advice and sympathetic ears when you need to let off steam.

Good luck with your ongoing recovery.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Bobbi

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Mahoney.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Ingo66.

1 Like

Hi Hayeam, this is a wonderful group you will find so much comfort and understanding here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome Morena.

2 Likes

Nice to meet yet another new friend. I feel like my social life is finally picking back up! I hope you will enjoy it here as much as I do. The information is very helpful, the cheerleading even more so, and the laughter and camaraderie is absolutely the best.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome DeAnn.

1 Like