Heavy-handed

Hi all,

Does anyone else find that they can hurt themselves by being to forceful, like turning a door key and hurting fingers, or wiping hands with a towel and pressing hands and fingers so hard they hurt?
I do it but then forget to jot these things down, but today for example I was just picking up groceries from a checkout and was hitting my hands so hard on the metal tray that they are hurting many hours after?

There seems to be lots of little things that happen after a stroke that you notice and then forget about until the next time!

1 Like

Hi @Loshy and @Mahoney - it’s strange isn’t it, but at least we now know we are not imagining it👍

2 Likes

Aye, when I bend my toes for too long, as in crouching, the pain is distinct. This has been a recent thing for me after two years, so I am starting to wonder what it is all about.

Hi Bert
Yes me to very much so. Even 4 years after my stroke I notice it most holding my wife’s hand she tells me I’m crushing it also if I bring a print out down from the printer it’s crushed by the time I get it downstairs so I now put it rolled up inside a toilet roll in my pocket works for me.also my whole left side is ultra sensitive even clothes touching me .
All the best Peter

1 Like

Hi @Peter_perfect
Nice to speak to you - I’ve just read your answer to my wife Jen and she says that I do the same, squeezing her hands until it is hurting but I don’t realise I’m doing it. We wouldn’t have discussed it now if it hadn’t been for your reply as we don’t realise what we are doing I suppose, so keep it coming Peter👍

Take care @Bert

Hi @Rups, perhaps other members on here have that problem as well and can give some ideas?

Take care,

John

1 Like

Yes even the water in the shower stings my left side most strange

It is strange isn’t it @Martin ? Almost like all nerves go really sensitive in various parts of the body.

Take care, John

Hi Bert I can Walk around for ages not knowing I’ve got something in my hand lol

1 Like

Hi @Martin - just make sure it’s not a 6’ long plank :rofl:

I do the opposite, put something down and forget where I put it - and yet I probably haven’t moved from the spot! I’m always doing that when I do any repairs etc., and lose the tools! Hang on…Martin…you don’t live next door do you - and when I put it down you pick it up… :rofl:

You should see the stuff I bring back from the shops Bert :joy::joy:

I think we’d all better come to your house then @Martin :rofl:
I bet you’ve got half a dozen drills, fridge freezers and some of the staff :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

The staff took some explaining when I got home Bert :crazy_face::joy::joy:

2 Likes