Heading towards my two year anniversary

Well done for getting this far. I had my stroke nearly two and a half years ago and must say I still pay for a Nero-physio fortnightly she is amazing with referring to the nhs. The muscle in my left leg remains weak so has referred me to Roehampton hospital for Botox to see if this will help improve my walking.
She is great with suggestions and I find with her guidance I am still improving with my recovery even though it is small steps.
Stay positive and keep up the good work. Dottie

4 Likes

Well done you - what a wonderful positive outlook. Best wishes for 2023

Thanks Dottie, itā€™s a struggle and currently trying to find my place in the family having been the linchpin to the baby non walking vulnerable child like creature in need of constant protection, itā€™s like being a kid again

Yes the date is very profoundly etched in my head, life ending and new life beginning. Wish my overheated hand and ice collect shoulder would rebalance and the sensory effects get sorted not seen any significant improvements in all this time, maybe too early for a significant brain repair

1 Like

How much movement do you attempt & have?
Iā€™ve found sensory improvement with mobility - movement I can push & practice but the sensory canā€™t directly but as a side benefitā€¦

the cold hand didnā€™t improve yet though

Update, just got back from seeing my privately funded neurologist from the spire hospital, he took me through the cause of my stroke and how it affected my body, I will be trying some new medication for pain and had tips on shoulder mobility I came say wiser with confirmation that every recovery is unique and brain dependent, nothing new there, will return in 4 months so I feel someone is looking at my recovery bar the very competent physio

6 Likes

That all sounds positive @mrfrederickson hopefully the new meds will work well & your pain will reduce.

I typed platform one into my web browser and it came up with some sort of a military cloud-based tooling thingā€¦ Is there a web address you could refer me to two use the platform one type of service? I havenā€™t been able to truly talk to anybody about my stroke or the things that go through my headā€¦ I have recently been able to listen to various YouTube videos and things like that to try to keep me on the positive side.

Try typing in Platform-1 and that should bring up the relevant website

Thank you :pray: very much for the re direction I appreciate it greatly

Thanks Lorraine, feeling so cut adrift by the nhs I chose to have my case reviewed by someone else, worth it for peace of mind no quick fix but the way the brain operates after stroke was insightful, especially the lag on damaged cells showing up as a backwards step after you believe you are recovering, itā€™s quite delayed sadly

The go cannot get my pain relief sorted chased them and the pharmacy, good job itā€™s not life threatening.
God help me

1 Like

The weeks do fly by donā€™t they? Yes do chase up your meds - itā€™s so much more difficult to get things done at the weekend

Itā€™s
https://platform-1.co.uk/
Headspace has a good reputation - is an app. So is ā€˜Feeling Goodā€™ which my nhs neurosomething recomended

1 Like

Still trying the new pain relief, not perfect but a change is noted , making it more manageable, however my sleep is suffering and I do not get that deep rem sleep with dreams. I seem to end up catching up in my chair watching boring TV, how annoying, loved sleep, another strok casualty, and hinders recovery

Well done the two year mark was a big thing for me, in my mind if I survived two years with out another event I considered there is no reason i could not make the 5 or 10 year mark I also remember the date very well its not something you forget and yes a very scary time.

3 Likes

Thanks Steve 100 good progress and keep on trucking we will both get there itā€™s all about to time perseverance and resilience.

1 Like

We have to keep going despite the numerous set backs, pain, and all that goes with a stroke none are the same neither is the recovery.
Keep smiling when you feel able, and laughing at things that really are not funny (10 attempts to put my socks on this morning) and that a good.:slightly_smiling_face:
Given everything life is still good and million times beter that the other option when I consider that I go to bed with a smile and wake up with a bigger one.
Dig in and enjoy your life.

3 Likes

Thanks Steve good advice my recent experience of holiday img as a disabled man is testament to that.