Had my medication review

Had my medication review all good one extra pill and told best way to use inhalers, also have urine infection where that come from no wonder feeling lousy all week more medication life sucks sometimes

1 Like

Hi Mickyboy-- My husband just had a urine infection. It’s really awful, but you get better pretty quickly with the medicine. Then about 6 weeks later he got another one. Went through all the medication again. I’ve been telling him for years he doesn’t drink enough water. His doctor told him drinking more water would help prevent urine infections, because it keeps you flushed out. He decided to listen to the doctor. So , first thing of the day he gets a large 6-glass-pitcher and fills it with ice and water, and drinks it throughout the day. No problems since. :slightly_smiling_face:Jeanne

A step in the right direction. Hope you will be feeling better soon.

Regards Sue

Glad your med review went ok. Hope your infection clears quickly @Mickyboy

Thanks for all your support yes I will try and drink more water, just have to do blood pressure readings for few days and send in, they don’t send nurses out anymore so have to have monitor at hame slowly feeling better actually changed my bed today slowly and hoovered my room, got some more inhalers for my copd :woozy_face:

3 Likes

If you changed your bed, you MUST be feeling better. That always exhausts me. AND you hooovered your room :clap: Jeanne

1 Like

That was yesterday today feel like crap again legs ache feel wobbly is this what a urin infection does to you hope tablets kick in soon

Did they give you antibiotics for your infection? They usually start working quite quickly. The infection could make you feel rough. You might need to rest up & if infection not getting any better you may need to go back to dr.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Yes got meds still waiting for them to kick in still feeling terrible

Are you feeling any better? Sounds like you may need to visit your GP again. Hope you get better soon x

Stilll got 2 more days to go so have to give them a chance

When my husband had a urinary infection, they told him they had to send the urine to a lab to test the urine for several different kinds of bacteria–as there are different meds for different types of bacteria. Some meds won’t work on some bacteria. He found, and I have found with my urinary infections, that usually during the second day life becomes bearable again, and by the 3rd day we were feeling pretty normal. The doc always said if we didn’t feel better in 2 or 3 days to call as we might need a different med. If yours is not clearing up, you may need a different antibiotic. Jeanne

I will ring Docters Monday urine sample should have results back, really wiped me out never felt so bad everything was so difficult thanks all

1 Like

Mickyboy, I’m ordering you to heal! Jeanne

2 Likes

Me too

I like this one too

Morning Mickyboy, had to go on antibiotics this week, took some getting use too only one day to go now. Must take on board drink more water. Had a water filter fitted so no excuse now. Sun just coming through :sun_with_face: rejoice :hugs: Paul

1 Like

Not just me then is it something going round, or are we unlucky, will ring my doctors in morning as wee is still funny Color and smells a bit but generally feel bit better good luck to reat of you bloody stroke keys are in wrong place there should make keyboards for strokes easy mick

Well Docters say didn’t have urine infection so what was it, never felt so bad toil about 10 times every half hour feel better today still peeing but not as dark so what was going on

1 Like

Are you diabetic at all? It can be an indicator. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 8yrs ago after suffering similar and peeing a lot. Type 2 is not necessarily due to poor diet, it’s also hereditary and also comes with age. Don’t suppose doc tested your blood sugar levels or do a blood test to see what your HBA1c levels are?

Could you have had a kidney stone that was passing.? Sometimes it takes days. They usually do an ultra sound to detect one. Jeanne

1 Like