Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Here am I floating 'round my tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there’s nothing I can do

And I think my spaceship knows which way to go

Tell us what you feel, write what you are able

Put it in a log, a diary is your friend

It doesn’t matter who hears or even if they hear.

Shout it out, it needs to be heard.

This is space, no-one has claimed it.
It is your space.

Look at yourself, see.

You are here, you will only move on,
you will not return though you may look back.

Listen, there is much to hear.

But cry out,
you have much to say.

4 Likes

Crackle, crackle, I can hear you, crackle, crackle…can you hear me?
I was put in a tin can this morning (Citroen) and carried off to a food store. Thanks to my good neighbour I now have some fresh food in the house. I will not be able to get out on my own until the ice melts which hopefully will be on Sunday.

1 Like

I can hear you mate. It’s a bit muffled as I have a woolly hat pulled over my ears :cold_face:

2 Likes

You probably don’t want to know this, but it’s midnight or after.
I’m excited, excited like a little boy. I did it, I did it !

I went upstairs, for the first time in ages. Then, then I sat on the toilet, a real toilet, and had an extremely satisfying poo, first away from that commode since all this started. Bliss. There’ll be no stoppping me now . . . (second childhood, here I come)

Keep on keepin’ on
:grinning: :+1:

11 Likes

Bobbi that’s great news each achievement is a new milestone, be proud

2 Likes

Thats 2 great achievements!!! And one for Hilary too!!!

Great job (literally)

Are you planning on sleeping upstairs now ?

I go up once a week to sleep but still use my commode, bottle and bed downstairs mostly

2 Likes

Bobi Great news but did we really have to know about your bowel movements :worried:. No sliding down the banisters yet, give it a week or two. The worlds your oyster now but wrap up warm when you go out .:clap::clap::clap::clap::+1:

2 Likes

:christmas_tree:
@Mahoney @Pds @Loshy @chris67 @MatthewBirch @sunnyday
Thanks to you all and each for those supportive responses. I’m sorry if there was a little too much detail, but it was such a happy / sad moment.
We just today had another bannister rail (the going down rail) fitted and I need practice to safely get used to it. So far its been facing forward going up and reversing downwards to descend. A slow process, but isn’t that what stroke is all about?
I will get back in my own bed eventually, I’m just hoping all my waking up in the middle of the night won’t disrupt Hilary’s sleep. Maybe I’ll settle down as I return to how it used to be.
:sleeping_bed:
@TRFCANDY53 early days and I think I will do the same, one day on, one day off, so to speak. All of this has to be worked through doesn’t it? Even so there have been times when I thought I wouldn’t make any advances.
Sometimes it does feel like floating in a tin can miles away from Earth and chats to Ground Control can be such a help.
This site is such a help in terms of mutual support, we all belong to this brotherhood/sisterhood and are lucky to have a way to work together like this.

(for someone who doesn’t know me - I’m about 10 months a Stroke Survivor, amongst a huge group who are so different yet so similar to one another)

Keep on keepin’ on
:partying_face: :+1:

5 Likes

I can see clearly ( that’s a joke) now the frost has gone, I can see no icicles in my way but now’s it’s been raining for hours. But we still need the H2o to top up the reservoirs after last summer. We had -7 here but friend up north had -12 and I feel sorry for those in Shetland Isles and Ukraine
. So let’s count our blessings. Paul

4 Likes

I’m here again in the middle of the night.
It is cold and dark and I must get back to bed.
I’m just reporting that suddenly I was pretty much able to clench my fist.
It feels like such a big step, I am so excited once again.
By the way I’ve no intention of going out with clenched fists to pick a fight.

:smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

@Loshy
Just watch out when I get both sides working properly I’ll be giving you a hug back. In fact I think there are quite a few I owe a hug to. So eventually there might be quite a hug fest.

In the meantime Hilary has to make do with my half a hug every night. A very good reason to try harder.

Keep on keepin’ on.
:space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader:
:smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Well done old chum, I’m sure you’ll let us know of further improvements like when you can catch flies in midair like a proper gunslinger

1 Like

A gripping experience.
@Pds
Not quite catching flies yet, but an advance over not being able to hold on or grip anything.
Photo evidence provided by Hilary:

I’ve got a driving assessment booked too!

2 Likes

@Loshy
Many thanks Loraine.
The support and encouragement I have received on this Forum has gone a long way, pushing me onwards. I am very grateful.
All the best to you as well.

1 Like

Blooming amazing @Bobbi. Onwards and upwards👍x

1 Like

Great to read @Bobbi and good to aee evidence if your newly returning grip and hand movenent

@TRFCANDY53
I so miss the activities being right handed allowed me to enjoy.
I live in hope that I can claw some of that back.
Being able to take a photograph, to draw again, might take a while to achieve, but I’ll give it a go.

2 Likes

We WILL get it back @Bobbi hard work perseverance and stubbornness will help our asleep limbs to wake up snd be useful again x.

In the meantime…keep on keepin on my friend

1 Like