Google Time line

Just to help you remember all that you had and could do Google timeline pops up unannounced to depress your day .my life9 year’s ago was pretty good just reminds me of Al that has changed and how my life has gaping holes in it that will never return to a satisfactory state.

On a good note my weekly shower is getting easier , oh the progress.hahaha.

2 Likes

N good dwelling on it Mr. F. I manage to shower quite well, but on a seat rather than standing up. My hand grip helps as well.

1 Like

I quite like to see the places I’ve been but if you find it upsetting perhaps you should turn your Google timeline off so it doesn’t notify you. Acceptance is a big part of moving forward after a stroke. Life may not be the same but it can still be good.
Glad your shower is getting easier. I have grab rails in mine for my dizzy spells.
Best wishes.

3 Likes

I have a grab handle and a seat but as yet cannot walk safely in or out of the shower, improvement every tim but not fully recovered in a safe place for the moment

That’s a great suggestion to turn those reminders off. My therapist says avoidance is a trait for me but hey, let’s make life easier where we can :pray:

2 Likes

Yes no point torturing oneself

1 Like

I went to pick blackberries to make some blackberry wine, but I was too late, the berries have all gone over. For a few minutes, I felt an overwhelming sense of disappointment with my limitations, then I went to collect some crab apples for crab apple wine, all the crab apples were bleated, I then went to collect some conkers to make Viking soap, but they hadn’t dropped yet … I was exhausted and frustrated by this point … so I harnessed up the dog and took her for a walk up one of my top fields. I stood at the top of the field and took some deep breaths … despite it all, this is what makes my life worthwhile.

4 Likes

I just googled Viking Soap how interesting :blush: Your view is stunning Rups.

1 Like

I’m quite hedonistic about the natural world around me, the beauty of it is that I don’t have to do anything to benefit from it.

1 Like

What a fab view. I too googled viking soap. Very interesting. Did I read youtook the dog for a walk. Has she settled in now? Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

I am gradually eating my hat with this one, I’m a sucker for animals despite being more of a mog man … here’s Molly pretending to be a gnome on a Penny bun …

4 Likes

Tee hee. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth: She looks right at home there. They do seem to find a way of weedling their way in .

Morning @mrfrederickson. I too have been caught out by Mr Google. On a recent few days walking near my parents photos of doing the West Highland Way 2 years previous came up which started to make me gloomy as I know that was me then and it would be beyond me now. Then I thought about it and worked out that 1 year ago I was lying helpless in a hospital bed. It emphasised the improvement although I obviously don’t have photos. Maybe one day we’ll try the West Highland Way again. Mr Google gives me something to aim for but I need to view it with perspective. Little steps everyday all add up but it’s more difficult to see until you look back and realise where you started. Take care Julia x

4 Likes

this view is stunning and so as your journey x

2 Likes