Golf

For anyone seeking to play golf after recovering from a stroke

The Disabled Golf Association has events around the UK. I do not believe or feel that I am disabled, but maybe I am eligible?

http://www.disabledgolf.org.uk/events.html

Does anyone know of any other groups like Community steps where you can learn to play golf again after a stroke. We live in Coventry.  West Midlands 

Hello. Although I’m mobile and can fortunately do most things, I cannot do a full swing. I can manage at best 100 yds with a pitching wedge and short swing. If I use a longer club, then I’m lucky even to hit the ball. It seems to be part of my balance problem. As part of my therapy I would love to resume playing, but not like this.
Thanks

Your balance and strength may build up over time. How many months have elapsed since your stroke? It took me 15 months to return to my previous level, which was not great!

Maybe you can try a different type or length of golf club? Hybrid clubs work much better for me.

All the best with your recovery.

Graham

They have a golf simulator at my club. You can analyse your swing using a selection of clubs. The golf professional is at hand for analyse and feedback. This helped me a lot post stroke to give me some confidence before stepping out on the golf course.

I hope that you manage to find ways to re-learn your golf and improve.

All the best,

Graham

Thanks, Graham. That’s useful advice that I’ll try.
Best wishes,
Laurence

Now incorporating the driving range with my gym work every 2 days. We’ll see …