Free 6 week tennis programme Chelmsford

I am recovering from a stroke in April 2022 and I heard about Essex Tennis offering a free 6 week tennis programme for stroke survivors. It takes place at Great Baddow tennis club on a Tuesday at 10am for 1 hour. It started 25th April 2023 and I was the only attendee! Rob Collins mobile is on the club’s website if you’re interested

3 Likes

Welcome @SimonRoyce hope your recovery is going well.

Chelmsford is a bit far for me but hopefully there will be someone interested so you can have a playing partner.

1 Like

Oh my God was it a left tia or rigt tia or on central lube

1 Like

That sounds brilliant and hopefully will be better attended in the weeks to come alingside warmer weather.
I hope it really helps your recovery @SimonRoyce and please let us know how you get on.
Gwtting back to playing tennis remains one of my goals ive played for 40 years before my stroke in May 22. So im aiming to re start as soon as i sm able to

1 Like

I like GOING to library

@SimonRoyce
I’m sure getting out in the fresh air with some exercise and a little social interaction can be no bad thing. The better weather is coming. I hope you can take advantage of it and maybe a few more will give it a try.

keep on keepin’ on
:smiley: :tennis:

i think that emoticon is disturbing,
supposed to be a tennis ball but
looks a bit like my pants.

oops sorry
:blush:

2 Likes

@Bobbi sorry that has made me cry with laughter. Will never view that emoticon the same again :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I have returned from my second week of tennis. It was great, makes me feel more normal. Really hope some more people will come along in the next few weeks :blush:

3 Likes

Thats brilliant Simon. Keep at it sir

1 Like

I am too social person with people with all injury and Stuckey

@SimonRoyce
Good, bad or indifferent, let us know how you progress with this.
We are interested in how you are doing
and wish you well.

Keep on keepin’ on
:smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Halfway through the 6 week programme. It’s going so quickly, really helping my mental health. Don’t want it to end!

4 Likes

@SimonRoyce

I’m glad you were able to get something out of this.

Activity is said to be good for you.

Perhaps there is a way to continue, or an alternative, so you don’t simply stop.

Maybe now is the time to be looking around.

:+1:

Great your enjoying it Simon. As bobbi says keep it going as best you can

1 Like

I am having really hard time going through whole lot