FormulaeE and exercise bike

Broke my world record on the bike 4.1 miles and 407 calories burnt whil watching formulae motor racing a perfect combination. Ran out of puf but didn’t fall over getting off like last time

5 Likes

Hi, well done you, great achievement.
Regards Sue

1 Like

Thanks Sue yes I even pedaled harder when someone was overtaking, how sad

Thanks sue need a test now, will sleep well tonight

That’s a fantastic achievement. You’ll have to do the same with the F1 tomorrow :grin::grin::grin: although that might be a little ambitious. :blush: You’re doing really well.

Lol, that made me laugh. You’ll be doing well to catch an F1 car.
Good for you 4 miles is a decent ride. I find it slightly wierd using exercise bike due to the inbalance between my stroked left and normal (but weakened due to low activity) right legs. I try to push more with my left. How do you find it?

1 Like

You read my mind I will have to pedal hard to catch the cars on the hunaro ring, bu yes the formulaE was a warm up to tomorrow may make 5 miles or more, not as therapeutic as ironing which I miss , have done some one handed but it’s not the same. Ian lucky that the left side of my body was very well tuned up with kettle bell weights before the stroke, so very strong but without the brain under used until I got the bike

@mrfrederickson you enjoyed ironing? That’s a rare thing…I hate it & have loads if you’re bored :rofl::rofl: my hubby can’t iron … or rather he can iron creases into everything :blush::blush:

1 Like

I created most of the ironing,work shirts one per day however COVID working from home killed that off. But I like perfection and a well ironed shirt can be must be OCD. So I watch motor racing and iron it lowers my Blood pressure, not enough to serve a stroke . Hay but I miss it happy to do more must be an odd man but it’s my thing

I’m exactly the same :rofl:. I genuinely used to think ironing looked thereputic when watching my wife do it but I could only manage to iron in creases as well.

I think my hubby does it deliberately so he doesn’t have to iron :rofl::rofl::rofl: and muggins here finds it so painful to watch him iron I just do it myself :blush::blush:

1 Like

I am rather unique :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:astonished::astonished::astonished::clap::sparkling_heart::clap::clap::astonished::astonished::astonished::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Well done. Exercise bikes are a great help.

Thanks been my salvation

That’s what my wife used to say as well. I think she gives me the benefit of doubt now post stroke :+1:.
Good tactic though. Similar to when I really want something I continually keep looking at it on my phone or laptop and talking about it until she just gets worn down :grinning:.

1 Like

Well done great achievement

I thought I was only one that liked ironing! I have adapted to using my left arm but also use it as rehab for the right. Can’t do much but it’s good to challenge the right. Position with left but use right to push over clothes.
I loved cycling before the stroke and miss it so we got a second hand recumbent trike . Great to be back on road and fab rehab for legs. Perfect as it’s seated so no problem with balance and steering easy as mine adapted so all controls on left. Won’t be challenging the F1 cars though……:rofl:. Downhill a lot of fun :star_struck:

2 Likes