Footwear

Hi David

I'm  not sure this is helpful  but I fully understand  where you're  coming from. I have similar  problems. I'm 4years post stroke  which  affected my left side  I also struggle  to turn  my head and always  feel  as though  I am sitting  at a funny angle which,  as you say, often results in neck  ache. I have to lie on my back in bed and I'm  unable to turn.

So Sorry I have no answers or solutions  to these problems, unfortunately just more problems  we have  to deal with  in this nightmare.

Regards Sue 

LOWER NECK PAIN. 

Thanks Sue , 4 years on have things improved for you ?

Any idea what might be cause of this ? Thanks David. 

Hi David, unfortunately  I have no idea what causes this. Even as a Stroke  Survivor, the whole thing is a complete  mystery  to me. Everything  changes on a daily basis  for me and even  the professionals  seemed baffled  most of the time.  I have found it difficult  to  get a straight  answer whenever I have  asked a question  or queried something. I have also found opinions  vary from professional  to professional.   The most knowledgeable  and informative  professional  I have come across since my stroke  in 2017 was a Neuro Physiotherapist  that I worked with  privately  at home but unfortunately  due to my husband  having been  unable to work since  March 2020, I have not been seeing her. With my husband's  help I still  keep up a daily exercise regime but do miss the professional  input  and fresh ideas.  My GP has referred  me to our  local Neuro  Rehab  Team and I am hoping that I can get some help from them in the near  future .

Sorry  I can't be  more helpful. 

Regards Sue 

LOWER NECK PAIN ?

Hi Sue  , Paracetamol seems to help pain & sleep . Good talking David. 

I am having a similar problem in finding footwear. Seem to be wearing trainers all the time. As I improve I want to wear a dress but now cannot wear any of the shoes I have, as they all have heels. Any advice gladly welcomed.

What sort of footwear do you need/want? Fitflop have some very nice ballet pumps. They are slightly elasticated (which my brain likes!). Here's a link: https://www.fitflop.com/uk/en/shop/allegro-suede-ballet-pumps-p-CW4#807 

Just want something that is feminine and stays on my bad foot.....got a couple of pairs of sketchers/clarks ordered, so will see how we go. Problem is I am a 6.5 shoe size ....adds to the difficulty getting the right shoes

I think Hotter shoes do half sizes, and maybe Pavers?  They're all expensive, but sometimes if you're quick you can snaffle something in the sale ?

The ballet pumps in rhe link I posted above come in half sizes. Keeping  them on was my concern but I find these fine. Or at least my brain thinks they're fine!!