First time

Hi, just signed in to this site and this is my first time posting. Had my stroke on 11th March. Just seeing what is going on.

Mark

1 Like

Welcome to the site ,loads of encouragement and support from other stroke survivors ...pippy

Hi

I had my stroke on the 6th March.

Welcome.

Plenty of people to chat to on here! 

How is your recovery going?

One thing I have learnt is a stroke is very different for everyone but recovery takes time. I have learnt to take things a day at a time, be determined, plenty of rest, exercise. I have good days and bad. Thankfully the good days are getting more and the bad days less.

I hope you are able to enjoy the good weather.

Have a good day

Jane

welcome Mark. I was so pleased when  my husband got me a lap top I had never used a computer before but at last I found others that had a stroke until then I felt so alone nobody who undeerstood to have a talk with.  I hope you find comfort from others that know what you are going through. Best wishes to you. Norma.

Hi Mark - had mine 22nd Feb - things improve every day. Lots of resources on the website which I urge everyone to read. Also found the exercie programme really useful.

What is your situation?

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the Stroke forums where we can reach out to each other at any time. I had  a cerebellar stroke September 2020, nine months on and still on the recovery journey. Hope you find this site useful.

Rups

Welcome Mark,

I had my stroke on the 2nd of May. I have made an (almost) complete recovery so there is a light at the end of tunnel, just that some get there more quickly than others. Just a remember it is not a race, go at the pace you feel comfortable with.

Elmo

Hi Elmo,

I too have made a near full recovery (just a numb hand and some speech problems) and I have praise my Occupational Therapists for helping.

Thanks for your reply

Mark

Hello Jane,

Weather is superb. I was very lucky with my stroke and I am  nearly fully revovered. Thank you.

I think we all have good and bad days. Nets hope for more good ones.

Mark

This site helps you understand what stroke are you will find that there are many tips to help you which ever stage you're at not only that you an understand that others know what you are going through and you can vent your frustrations and also you receive encouragement when things get the better of you just pace yourself because recovery can be slow take care and welcome to this friendly site

This site helps you understand what stroke are you will find that there are many tips to help you which ever stage you're at not only that you an understand that others know what you are going through and you can vent your frustrations and also you receive encouragement when things get the better of you just pace yourself because recovery can be slow take care and welcome to this friendly site

Welcome had mine one month ago hope you are doing well kind regards x des

Hi I’m a newbie stroke survivor too 10months me and still recovering and fighting…!

Hello Mark. I’ve just joined lao