First Flu Jab

Hi, 

I dont usually have a flu jab but after my strokes my Gp said I needed one and more or less gave me no choice in the matter so had one. Now I ensure I have one every year. A couple of years ago I had a cold an it laid me out for 3 days as if I had the flu. So would hate to know what the flu would be like after a stroke, no thanks. If you are offered it, take it. I work in care so have to be extra careful. I have expereinced no side effects except a tender left arm for a few days.

Sandie

Got invited by doctors last week so had it done for the first time, nurse did ask why I was there and as soon as I said recently had a stroke she said that's the reason why..... it was busy a queue around the outside of the building 

I've had a flu jab for years & always had to pay until this year. I always think that it's better to have it than not, as previously it would wipe me out for 2 weeks. I'd rather not add to the lethargy problem by not having a flu jab. 

There are 2 different flu jabs, one for the under 65's & one for the over 65's this year. 

My doctor has invited me to get the flu injection - I had the jab two weeks ago. No problem with lethargy or aches. And it was free! 
But the pneumonia jab (I had this week) was the worst for lethargy and tired and fever. Only 24 hours. 

Hi - Hubby was the same with pneumonia jab. Felt awful and sleepy for 2 days. Then OK.  I felt OK after 24 hrs with the flu jab so I'm glad I had it done. 

Working in NHS hospitals, I have had the flu vaccination annually for many years now.  Not once have I had anything more than local soreness of my arm, which was probably down to the person giving the injection.  Now retired,  I qualify for it because of my age. This year, the first one post stroke, the only difference was that I had to stick my arm out of the car window to have it. But still no discernable side effects.

Well I had flu jab and unfortunately within two days came down with shivering boiling bad head and ached all over. Had to stay home for three days and dose up. I was reluctant to ha ve it as I always seem to get a reaction. I do have prob l ems w it h other medications too, but was advised to have It this year after stroke. I a m recovering now so let's hope it's done some prevention. I definitely am not having the Covidvaccination. It's probably just me and my body!

I hope I don't anyone off. Am sure m o st people benefit from it and hopefully I will!

Hello reorita,

I've had the flu jabs every year for nearly 20 years and this year's jab definitely affected me the most. A few paracetamols got me through it.

To be fair to the flu jabs, I haven't had more than colds and stroke in fifteen years, so they do seem to work.

Damian

Oh yuk, hope you'll soon pick up again, it seems hard to predict who might have a reaction.  I have virtually no reaction, but my mother becomes quite poorly, so she doesn't one now.  Like you, I have reservations about a Covid vaccination  -  most medicines go through so many trials and take years to develop, I'm just somewhat alarmed at the speed of it all, and wonder how thoroughly it has been tested.  

Take good care and hope you feel better really soon xx

I have had Bell’s Palsy and wondered if there is any risk if l have a flu jab.....

This is a question for your doctor 

I had my first flu jab on Saturday and have not had any side effects at all.

I'm only 54 so I asked the nurse why I was vulnerable and she had no idea. A DR walked past and she called him in and asked him. It's because we are clinically more likely to have some kind of blood clots if we contract covid.  So I have to sheild for who knows how long. To be honest I am glad because being at work with 30 six year olds sneezing and coughing all over me I won't miss that!