First days at home

scary my partner had a stroke 2 days ago he came home were given no instructions

Worth getting a copy of a book called Had a stroke? Now what? by Tom Balchin. It’ll help understand what’s happened and life after stroke.

1 Like

Hello @toniandmax2017, many stroke survivors are left isolated with symptoms and little standardised post-stroke care. Sorry to hear your partner has joined us but on the flip side, we are a community that can provide advice or comfort when needed. I had no physiotherapy but was lucky my consultant has been by my side for a year with sporadic consultations and support. I did a lot of scrambling around and research to put myself in a proactive position. I am one year post having had a cerebellar stroke September 2020. There are a few organisations that can assist: Stoke Association, Headway, Different Strokes, Mind &c. I listen to many podcasts on the topic and no doubt, YouTube will have its plethora of stroke related videos. I am active on Twitter with many stroke survivors, organisations, and medical professionals. There are stroke groups that can be joined in local areas, some meet face-to-face and do activities, it might be worth checking out what is available for you. Talking to each other has been one of the best ways to get to grips with the circumstances we have found ourselves in.

1 Like

The Stroke Association have lots of information on this web site and a helpline. Please remember your partner Is likely to be scared following his experience and might also suffer from fatigue. Be patient with him. Welcome to our forum.

1 Like

Thankyou for your kind words

Thankyou for rep。◕‿◕。(✷‿✷)ʘ‿ʘ✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧(◔‿◔)(◕ᴗ◕✿)(θ‿θ)(◕ᴗ◕✿)

1 Like