Fes treatment

Has anyone found advantage from FES TREATMENT

Hi @littlebigmanl welome to our Forum, this is a good place to get answers.
Your question is outside my experience but others are bound to be along with things to tell you.
Remember this is a Forum so to get the best results you will need to be patient. Its members are not online and logged in 24/7 but when they see your post they will give it some attention.
People hereabouts are sympathetic, friendly and where possible helpful.
Keep coming back and add more info, comments and opinions of your own if you want.

Hi what is FES please.x

Yes, very much so. I had a FES machine for my weak leg and it helped with walking. Unfortunately, I had an allergic skin reaction. I now wear an ankle support. Please be aware not all health authorities fund FES.

Functional Electronic Stimulus

Oh OK thankyou
I have a tens machine not sure if it makesvmy shoulder/arm worse or not?:grin:

Welcome to the forum. I can’t help with your question but just wanted to say welcome.

I’m sure someone will be able to help though.

Best wishes

Hi and welcome to this forum. I’m 5 years post stroke and use an FES machine all day, every day. If it works for you the benefits are unbelievable. I would be unable to walk without some form of assistance and this works well for me. Unfortunately I am unable to set it up myself and my husband sets it up for me every morning and it can be very difficult to get right and some days are better than others. It’s a very precise procedure. Fortunately my GP funds my treatment but not all health authorities do this. It’s worth doing some research and looking at all of the options.

Regards Sue

Hi Littlebigman-- Yes I had FES every day for 3 weeks when I was in the hospital. I think it helped get my nerve/brain connection. going for my leg/foot and hand/arm. A tens unit can be bought for a reasonable price on the internet. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:Jeanne