Family Christmas meal feeling pathetic

Last nigh we had the usual meal at Christmas with my kids and the in laws getting to the restaurant was a very long wal from an underground car park via a lift and then a walk into the restaurant, the meal was good but today I am wasted, fallen asleep watching to once already , not happy with myself in spite of the long walk

5 Likes

@mrfrederickson you should be proud that you managed that walk & enjoyed the time with family. It’s a massive achievement & sometimes we have to do these things knowing that you’ll be wiped out for a day or two afterwards. Next time it will be easier.

2 Likes

Spot on Mrs5K Fredrickson’s experience similar to mine this week when I did too much and suffered, but on reflection enjoyed myself and coming to realise that for me one bit of excitement good two or more bad.

2 Likes

Yes as they say no pain no gain, continuing to do things that would have been normal pre stoke will aid my recovery as noted by one of my felon survivors at our monthly stroke association meeting s 8 years down the road and he is functioning very nicely

3 Likes

You sound like my wife she was there encouraging me to dig deep

1 Like

Well done for getting there and enjoying it have a good rest and off you go again :muscle: with kind regards des

1 Like

Thanks everyone planning to make sure the venu is nearer the car park and not too much food.
Excitement is okay but my swinging left arm has pulled my chest muscles, shoul have wor my arm support.
Loved seeing all my kids so worth the challenge, never shy away from a chance to prove I can still do what I did before

5 Likes

Well done to you :+1:.I’m 172 days since my stroke.I walk everyday,some days I have a great day but sometimes the next day I feel like I’ve walked 10miles​:dash:.Unfortunately this stroke recovery is not a quick.

That’s a great achievement if I were pain free on my left side it would release me, but alas nothing happened yet

Yes my family are seeing me through this recovery and today played games and ate well good Christmas in spite of low recovery progress in my head

1 Like