Falling down!

Oh Kay. What a day and night! Hope tomorrow is better. Xx

Thank you!

How are you this morning. Hope you managed to get some sleep last night.

Ann

Hi Ann, 

Got some sleep.  The out of hours doctor gave me some co-codamol painkillers last night. Got to me just before midnight.  Took some then and this morning.  Leg painful.  I had great fun getting dressed and putting my shoes on this morning. But I got there and managed to get downstairs. 

Now we'll see what the day brings. 

Thank you so much for asking.  That's the amazing thing about this site people caring about each other. 

Kay 

Hello, glad the Dr got to you eventually. Now take a large dose of TLC! Look after yourself. V&J ?

Thank you! 

Hope your still on track for Christmas jobs being completed by 16th ready for your escape ?‍♂️?‍♀️

Sounds like you’ll need a couple of quiet days to make sure your leg is alright.

I’m just back from town Christmas shopping and it was really busy. Couldn't think straight even though I had a list but got the ones I needed to get today. Going back tomorrow to finish off - I must be mad. I used to love going to town before I had the stroke but now it’s so stressful.

Anyway I prescribe rest and tv with your feet up if you can. 

Take care

Ann

You're a brave lady.  I hate going to town at any time let alone Christmas.??? Even before my stroke.  Thank God for online shopping. ???

I have tried to rest my leg a bit more and taken the painkillers as prescribe. ??

Hope once you've finished you can also take advantage of your own prescription ??

Hi I am fortunate so far not to have fallen since my stroke, I do use a stick when I am going out that gives me confidence.  I do have a problem getting up though, I got on the floor to get something and then found I couldnt get up, so I had to crawl into the lounge and climb up the sofa!  So no more on the floor for me!  

Hi I am fortunate so far not to have fallen since my stroke, I do use a stick when I am going out that gives me confidence.  I do have a problem getting up though, I got on the floor to get something and then found I couldnt get up, so I had to crawl into the lounge and climb up the sofa!  So no more on the floor for me!  

I was using my walking frame when I fell. I tried to turn arround but I couldn't.  I pulled " something " in my weaker hip and it wouldn't let me move into a good position.  

The ambulance crew used an inflating cushion to help me to rise into a sitting position. Shame the crew hadn't checked the battery pack before taking the ambulance out. I had to ask if it worked from the mains as they were going to call someone else to get a charged battery.  They said yes to pointed them to the electric socket in the dinning room just inside the patio doors.  But they helped me back to my feet.  Hooray!

Just discovered they left their blankets in my garden?????

It was a long time to have to lie out on the patio, though. You have done really well, Kay, so time for more TLC! I remember John aching and in pain for ages and he only fell out of bed! Of course, I had to monitor the wonderful changes in colour over the next few weeks! It took ages to disappear. Would that be something to do with him being on blood thinner, I wonder? 

Is the inflating cushion like one of those inflatable Santas or Snowmen?  ?⛄️ They could have popped some lights on you and your C'mas decs would have been sorted!  

Bet you've felt sore today, even the bits that didn't hit the ground may have been affected, you just don't know it at the time - make friends with the painkillers, and hopefully you'll be rocking round the C'mas tree before long xxx

Yes the blood thinners will affect how his blood clots and sadly how he bruises. Lucky for me not on anticoagulant meds hooray!

No the cushion is plain and has 4 separate cells that rise you up slowly.  Well when the battery works! ??

I do have some scrapes on my arms from trying to get myself up and a nice bruise on my knee.  Painkillers are definitely my best friend at the moment. ??

How are you and your husband doing  ? Did the last course of medication sort out the ear infection.  Did the Quality street and Strictly help recharge your batteries???

The lurgy has properly got me today - my voice is hardly a squeak, so having a quiet day at home, however hubby is starting to improve and so he keeps chatting, so not so quiet after all.  If only I'd bought some C'mas cards I'd probably write those to keep me occupied!!  I'll make a list instead!!  Tragic ?

Keep licking your wounds and hope you get over your fall soon. xx

Will do!

Hope you get well soon.  Must be fit by Saturday Strictly final needs watching. ???xx

I've been practising my showstopper - in my PJs & slippers.  Ch-Ch-chocolate chomping ?, Viennese Walnut Whirl, Paso Double G&T ? - think I'm gonna clinch the glitter ball this year, sorry Kay ?

I've finally nailed my colours to the mast - it's Stacey & Kevin for me ?

xx

It's a 10 for Nic ???

Good choice! But I like Faye and Giovanni ??

Hope you get well soon, Nic!?? Snuggle up and keep warm, honey and lemon and,,,,maybe a hot toddy? ?