Extreme temperatures

I can’t see what is offensive here! 

It’s cold and flue season and we are difinately more sensitive to these things. Have a flue  jab. Stand back from people if possible when you are in crowds and public transport, difficult when you are looking after kids as they carry everything that is going. wash your hands regularly, carry antibacterial hand gel and use it. Don’t touch your mouth and nose.  Eat vitamin rich food. 

I do feel the cold more and have bought a new hot water bottles, thermal undies as well. 

Stay well

Too late for me I got a cold 3 weeks ago!!!!! As well as appearing more susceptible I believe post stroke you get hit harder and for longer.  Deep joy! ??

Ah, that sounds like a labour of love, cats are very lucky to have that lady looking out for them!  One of my cats (years ago) preferred to be outside, he was the sweetest, snuggly cat towards humans, but just loved being out.  Cats are very resourceful, Sooty will find himself somewhere dry to spend the night - he might visit the lady down the road for all you know!!  Two-timer!!

I'm at home today as I've lost my voice - no wise cracks!! - and hubby seems to be kicking the ear infection at last, so he's speaking up for both of us ... now where are my noise-cancelling ear defenders??  

Crisp, frosty day here in Norfolk, our lovely gardener is digging trenches for a load of Spring bulbs, looks like he's digging graves ? 

xx 

Since my stroke I have been freezing to death Lol 

You absolutely need to layer up.  Look at some Damart items, they do some really warm clothes, they're a bit pricey but worth the money as they last for years!!  P'raps Father C'mas could bring you some thermal goodies, not very exciting, but they'll definitely warm you up!!

xx

?

Yes good advice , had my flu jab a few weeks ago thank god.  Yes, think my son brought home a lovely bug from school ?

Thats cool. Except whatever is causing youi to loose your voice. We havea fairly useless gardener....me !

Sooty has a den in our garage so he has somewhere thats dry and sheltered. 

He is also a hunter and he eats the animals that he can find. He even called me to help him unearth a creature that had got under some prickly leaves and had squeezed in the brickwork. He managed it himself and proceeded to chase the strange little animal, killed it with one bite (crunch, horrible) then eat it tail and head and all.

I still love him. And he knows I will feed him whenever he asks me. It does make an empty bungalow so much more homely. 

He hasnt flinched at the christmas tree as yet, but is wary of a large doll dressed as little red riding hood. WIll he leave the tinsel alone when I add it ? We shall see.

Sensible cat to be wary of a scary doll ? He's probably far too sophisticated to shimmy up a C'mas tree.  I hope you'll pop him a pressie under the tree!!  

Thats a thought. 

So what do buy a cat that is spolt rotten ?

Perhaps another cat.

Maybe a framed photo of yourself, so that SootyOscar can keep it in his shed and look at it lovingly whenever he wants!!

Maybe a cushion with the cat and it's staff live here printed on it. Sooty could sit or lie on it. While making sure the humans know their place.  ?

Yes it’s that time of year and it will hit us harder. Lots of rest 

hope you are ok and it is getting better 

Kids.... they always share their bugs. Stay strong

Yes getting better.  All I've been left with is an irritating cough. It catches me when I least expect it.  Usually half way through a sentence.  Great!!!!

That’s good news, make a hot drink with fresh lemon ? juice honey ? and hot water. Sadly no alcohol for us stroke survivors. It’s very soothing. 

Thanks for the tip.

absolutely! frown

Since my stroke I am hot rather that cold, my left hand and foot do not read temperature correctly, I can remove a tea bag with my left hand then I get pins and needles from it.