Dry nostril and pressure behind my stroke side eye

I wonder if anyone has any advice on what I could do to help myself. Im 7 months post stroke and my stroke side ive got a really dry nostril and theres a pressure underneath/behind my eye. The dry nostril is beginning to get painful , I’ve tried vaseline on the inner front part of my nostril but it doesnt work

2 Likes

@TootieB it could be hayfever at this time of year. If it is then antihistamines should help. It could also be a sinus infection. I agree with Loraine @Loshy re seeing the optician.

Hope it gets better soon x

1 Like

I’d try the antihistamine first, it’s that time of year for that sort of thing. And even if you’ve never suffered hey fever before it could be that you just do now, it can come on with age :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
If that or the optician fail to resolve the matter, then the next step should getting your gp to refer you to ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat).

Take a stroke advocate that can help speak for you

1 Like

Like you, I have trouble with my eye, stroke-side
I went to the eye-hospital and they said the pressure was 28 in that eye
(a bit high). No explanation offered by anyone, other than the new part of the brain that controls the eye movement is not very good at it,… yet

good luck, Roland

1 Like

Good advice @msporshakimberly :smile: I always had to take my hubby to speak for me in the beginning. And two heads are always better than one as they might think to ask something you forget…which can frequently with strokes :roll_eyes: :smile:

Hi everyone !

Antihistamines seem to be working! Never had hayfever before it didnt cross my mind so thank you all :slightly_smiling_face:

Also made a opticians appointments just to check lile suggest.

Thank you everyone was so stressed and you lovely lot were there again :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@TootieB so pleased the antihistamines worked & you’re feeling better.

Hope the eye check goes well.

Take care xx

2 Likes

From my Type 1 DIABETES