Driving

I had a stroke last August (2020) which was a SAH. I was advised by the hospital to report this to DVLA which I did. I knew that I was not able to drive for a few months as although feeling fine there was too much information to process! I had to chase DVLA up a few times and also involve my MP as my consultant was happy for me to drive. I finally got the ok from DVLA some 8 months after reporting my stroke but am sure it would have been sorted earlier. My GP at the time was fairly useless and without consulting me replied to DVLA with incorrect information about me which further delayed the process. As far as driving is concerned I adapted well though ensure I take regular breaks if driving a long distance.

It was the same for me. I did inform the insurance company to be on the safe side, knowing how difficult they can be. It's  noted on my record, but did not effect the premiums. Only drive short distances as tire easily and sometimes  lack confidence even after over 3 years since the stroke. Must admit lockdown has helped considersbly as there is less traffic on the roads.

Haven't driven since my stroke 5 years ago as my right eye was affected and I miss my independence

Glad you are driving now I was lucky that my GP passed me to drive after a phone call my consultant told me in hospital that I could drive after 4weeks hope all is well

Well on the road agai  had Phonecall from GP ask me various things and said I could drive

Sorry to hear this hope your recovery goes well best wishes des

Glad to hear about you hope your recovery is going well des

Glad to hear your back behind the wheel. Bet it felt amazing ?

Hey hi not great weather today did you have storms lastnight ..pippy 

Hi, no was lovely yesterday and into the night. Even today is still nice. Think we are having rain tomorrow ?. How’s your recovery going?

Hi it's been terrible here today and lastnight ... recovery is going well thankyou ,I have hospital Monday for my eyes as I had double vision with the stroke ,that now is better ,so hopefully I can get back to driving ...I have 3 months off with a view of returning to work in September, I like to have goals to aim for ,but not going to rush it ...I don't see the stroke nurse now or the OT but still seeing the phycologist every 2 weeks ,and been referred to fatigue management but yeah it's going in the right direction now .how's your recovery going ...pippy...

Glad it’s starting to feel better. Mines not to bad. Eyes are bad and now have to wear glasses after a few visits to the hospital and optician so not sure when il be driving again.. yeah I’m aiming for September/October not sure if it’s do able but as you say a target to aim for 

Glad your feeling better too did you have double vision ..pippy 

Yeah and it’s still slightly blurry, I’m having to really look if I’m reading or watching tv.  Eyes weren’t too bad but still need to wear them. Just hope the sunshine comes back meant to be going away for a few days next weekend 

When I had the double vision the hospital eye doc put a prism in my glasses it was like magic I could see again now over the weeks I don't wear them ,I just wear my reading glasses for reading and driving glasses for distant ,be loverly to get away for a break hope you have a loverly time do you feel a bit anxious going out of your comfort zone (home),...yes hope the sunshine returns..pippy 

Yeah a little, I’m going away with my mates as we boolwd it last year. Will be a little different as I planned but il try and enjoy it, on the plus side my one mate is a doctor 

That's piece of mind he's a doctor ,I'm sure once your there your have a good time... with me it's the build up to going makes me anxious ...enjoy the break ...pippy 

I know have to pre plan if I’m going somewhere for some time. If I just go out I find myself anxious and just wanting to go home. I will thanks, and fingers crossed your be back  driving soon

Know exactly what you mean ...yes thankyou hopefully will be back to driving Monday ,not going to lie I'm going to be so nervous but gives me places to go while I'm off...if I'm not too nervous lol ,all sounds good in txt but if I was given the chance to drive today I'd be like  erm,will do it tomorrow,ha ha ....this stroke has made me loose all my confidence,..pippy 

Just drive around local streets just to get some confidence back, it’s  a huge thing having to drive after a long time off but I’m sure all will be ok