Down but not out lol

Taking the bin out on Thursday night forgot about pavement lost my balance down I went. Still a bit  painful but on we go no great damage a few cuts on LEDs and arm buttwe go on.

So sorry to hear that Des!! Must have a been a shock though. I hope you'll be ok. Take it easy if you can.

Me? I was turning to get something by the front door yesterday, and fell into the wall! Thankfully managed to put my hand out so didn't bang my head. But completely had lost my balance, and my feet had got all confused. So frustrating isn't it? Then today I couldn't remember a number I've been ringing for decades ... very upsetting. And had another 'missing moment' ... if that makes sense. 

Falls are horrible, Des. Arnica can be a pretty good solution re bruising and the shock (cream). You take care. Anne

Oh no hope your ok des ,it's so easy to do even when not had a stroke,stay positive,x

Sorry to hear this Des. After my stint on rehab, the physiotherapist told me to expect a few falls. These happened several times in the first year home, but less so since. My strength and balance classes have helped enormously, but I still totter occasionally. I've also been taught how to get up from a fall, which is invaluable.

Too easy to be busy and forget our brains are also busy but not attending to our conscious self.

I always expect to fall and always have a safety net. Walking stick or a fork in the ground. Every location I move to, I think what I will do if I stumble. Annoying at first, but now it is second nature.

having said that, when I take the bins out there isn't any safety net option. 

hope you are fully recovered

colin

Thanks could of been worse

Thanks des

Thanks I an ok still a bit stiff and sore ? but the getting better put me back a bit but on we go hope all is ok at u end x

Many thanks des

Ive a simular story des , i attempted to cut the grass friday i thought if im holding on to the mower id be fine , and it was ok untill i stopped and tried get the grass box and down i went , but as you say onward and upward 

Hi des not surprised your feeling bit stiff and sore..but hopefully a couple of days and your feel much better,yes everything is ok thankyou ,I've got my loop recorder on Thursday ,tomorrow I have to go for my covid test then isolate for 3 days,and I'd only just gone back to graduated return to work ,but it's ok,just glad when it's done ,I've got my 6 month check up with the stroke nurse in October ,I also had a factor 5 blood test,as there seems to be a few family members that have had clots ,anyway glad your ok ..pippy x

Hope you are ok been working in the backyard all ok so far lol

Thanks hope all things go according to plan with best regards des

Thankyou des x

Ouch, at least it wasn't too bad, and I am glad you are okay. Whenever I incur any sort of mild physical injury now, it kind of distracts me from the bigger issues I have. The increased bleeding from anti-platelet meds can be a bit disconcerting though, but at least we know they are working.

When I was having my unbeknown TIAs, I was cleaning out some demijohns, and I accidently put too hot water in one, the bottom cracked off and extremely hot water splashed all over me, I slipped, and sliced my hand and arm, and I slid on the floor. Looking back, I now understand how precarious simple tasks can be with stroke symptoms to manage at the same time. 

Thanks hope all is going well des

Hi Des,

this is for you I think from Carl Berrisford, it was a reply to my message:

'Its not a nice feeling des hope your ok, my last stroke was 9 weeks ago my talkings ok but i also get a vacant moment and struggle to capture a word here and there , its really frustrating i personally have put it down to bein part and parcel of having a stroke   , not much help i know but it seems to be a common problem'

Hi Carl, ow! Not good, such a shock to the system isn't it? Hope you're ok. 

By the way ... this message you left for Des, appeared as a reply to one of my messages:

'Its not a nice feeling des hope your ok, my last stroke was 9 weeks ago my talkings ok but i also get a vacant moment and struggle to capture a word here and there , its really frustrating i personally have put it down to bein part and parcel of having a stroke   , not much help i know but it seems to be a common problem'

i passed it on to him 

take care

Thanks des

... I get what you mean re being distracted from the bigger issues Rups, when a milder event occurs. I wasn't aware re the bleeding issue with the meds ? good to know. Whoah, that sounded dramatic re the fall, such a shame the tias weren't diagnosed earlier.