Don’t be defeatist

We have just returned home from Christmas in Stirling. On a Christmas Eve we were due to walk uphill to Stirling Castle. I told a Chris it would be beyond me. 'Don't be so defeatist,' he said.'We can take it slowly. If you don't try, you won't know'. So I did try and I succeeded, both walking there and walking back. Yes, I was tired afterwards, but I did a lot of the castle and enjoyed it.

Brilliant! Just the sort of inspiration we need to hear about.  Encourages all of to keep trying.  Thank you!

So pleased you had a great C'mas, and in such a lovely setting.  Excellent achievement with the walk to the castle - that will be a wonderful memory.  All your exercise classes have paid off, what a trooper!!

All good wishes for 2020!! ??

The same to you. Quite glad I did the walk. I very nearly didn't

Sliding doors ...!!  I went to Stirling about 15 years ago, immediately prior to having hip replacement surgery, unfortunately I couldn't manage the walk to the castle ... I've never gone back, so I have regrets about missing out.  So pleased for you that you pushed yourself - typical JJM!!!  Never giving up.  

Wishing you a happy, healthy 2020 ? ?  xx

The same to you. Mind you, our Hotel was half way up that hill. A good feeling of achievement, though.

You're too honest JJM!!  As you say, it's a massive achievement, and you probably didn't imagine, this time last year, that you would have been charging up to visit a Scottish castle!!  Clearly inspired by Chris challenging you, to challenge yourself - you're both superstars.

You're too honest JJM!!  As you say, it's a massive achievement, and you probably didn't imagine, this time last year, that you would have been charging up to visit a Scottish castle!!  Clearly inspired by Chris challenging you, to challenge yourself - you're both superstars.

Chris has never let me give in to stroke. If I am in a down mood he says, 'Stop feeling sorry for yourself...you're alive.' Early on, he got me to do simple tasks, like putting the crocks away. He also got me on a system of short daily walks and, while not forcing me to go, reminds me if I am being remiss. We all need 'tough love' sometimes.

'Charging up' is over egging the case a bit, but thank you.

The best attitude to have is not be a defeatist. Well done!