Does it ever get any easier?

Sorry Tina, I've just seen your message.  Lynda Hudson gave me a recording very tailored to my needs.  Although I now listen to some of her 'off the shelf' audios too.  Here's the link to her website, if you are not sure of anything just give her a ring.  She is a lovely lady, lots of experience and so very helpful.  https://www.firstwayforward.com/

I had my stroke 11 years ago, and lost the use of my right arm and leg.  I've not got full use back, but am able to drive, and have relatively full use of my arm and leg, but it took 3 months in hospital before I was allowed home.  I can scrawl reasonably legibly, but value the computer where I can write and others can read.  Since then I've got some use back, I'm going swimming and playing golf, badly.  It's not easy and there are some things I can't do, but you have to adapt.  What's happened has happened, there's no point in saying why me, just get on with life.  Keep trying to improve, things may come back to you, but whatever you do, don't give up.  I'm 71 now, so you've still got the bulk of your life ahead of you, accept what you can't do and find out what you can do.

Keep going. It seems terribly slow at times, and frustrating. But if you’re improving, albeit slowly, it’s worth it! Know how you feel; with all sympathy.

Back to working was/is my ultimate goal but I’m finding it harder and harder to be positive about that simply coz I feel very negative about gp hospitals etc.. all I keep getting is “it takes time”.  but it’s something that’s against me the longer I don’t work the weaker and less focused I feel. It’s very hard to feel positive right now.