Does anyone have a clear clarification of what DRE Expenses can be, and what ESA is expected to be used for?

Does anyone have a clear clarification of what DRE Expenses can be, in relation to a financial Assessment by local Councils re Domicillary Care, and what ESA is expected to be used for, with actual breakdown of eg food costs etc.

My local Council are harassing me and are being very vague and unclear, and having just had a Sroke etc… this is the last thing I want to be doing! They expect me to go thru all my receipts, and explain in detail how the item ‘helps’ my Disabulity. Also, ridiculous deadline.

I’m so sorry not to have replied to some of you …. Been too ill, I will do tho this Financial Assessment has taken over my Life!

I hope you’re all well,

A bullet point explanation would be so useful or a Template? 😵‍💫 Anne x

Hi Anne @ZX1 here’s a Link it’s not a bullet point or a template but it give some examples of what can fall into DRE expenses, which may help a little

Try speaking to the Citizens Advice they may be able to assist you.

Hope you get it all sorted soon, best wishes

Thanks @Mahoney I appreciate any help at this stage, have a lovely Sunday, Anne :sparkles:

@ZX1 sorry you’re having to go through this. Is always at a time when you least need the stress isn’t it.
@Mahoney has provided some information on DRE for you and I can’t really anything else to that. Regarding ESA I understand that it is to help with living costs…pay bills, buy food etc.
I wonder if you are able to get an extension to the deadline you’ve been given? Worth an ask. I would definitely contact Citizens Advice…they are probably used to these things.
Best wishes xx

As above ESA is used to make up for lack of a wage or reduced earning with kind regards des