Digital skills

We recently published a blog about using the ICE (in case of emergency) and other similar features on mobile phones: Smart phone feature: In case of emergency (ICE) | My Stroke Guide

And while writing it, we wondered if there were other kinds of digital tools you would be interested in seeing featured like this?

Things like using or disabling location services, customising mobile data settings, etc. Let us know if the comments if there’s anything in particular you’d like to see and we can either share resources or write something. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Location settings and customising mobile data settings would be really useful. It amazes me how often I get a message on my phone that tells me where I’ve been. I don’t mind it telling me but its who else it’s telling that I’m not sure about.
Cookies (the non biscuit variety) may be worth a mention too. How many of us accept all as we just want to finish what we’re doing and don’t take the time to check what we’ve agreed to.

2 Likes

Very good idea for an article!

I did set something like this up many years ago on iPhone but now have android phone.

Would it be possible to add a link to the personal safety app or confirm which one it is (as there are many when you search for “ICE” apps on play store)?

Great ideas, thanks!

Good catch, thanks for that! I’ve added the link into the blog and copied it below for anyone who is interested.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you :grin::+1:

1 Like