Dad's stroke

Hi all..I am on my way back to the UK after staying 10 days back in Egypt..my dad had a brain stroke on 6 Sep and stayed in the ICU for 3 weeks..he managed to swallow after 1 week but couldn't move him out of the ICU as no space at the time in any rehab centre...he can't talk but he can read.. he is leaning to walk with his physio but still dragging his right leg...and he can't move his right Adam..  I made a book with familiar words that he say during the day...but not sure what else I can do to hold his aphasia? Do you know any Arabic applications that can help him talking again. speech therapy is not the best in Egypt and my dad is getting frastrated with his Dr.

Thanks for your support

Neveen

Hi Naveen. Sorry to hear about your dad. I found this link by googling, but cannot vouch for how useful or good it might be.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/aphasialab/apps/arabic_rr.html

Dear Neveen,

I am sorry for your dad's stroke, but know that he will recover, god willing.

I have wonderful memories of Egypt, especially of Marsa Matrouh, it's a beautiful place.

I can't promise I will be able to help, but I will try. I will ask my arabic translator colleagues if they know any arabic app for aphasia. What device does your dad use?

Thank u so much and I hope you will go back to Egypt and enjoy the great weather.

My dad is using Samsung galaxy...android

Cheers

Neveen

Thank you so much John...I will check it now.

Cheers

Neveen