CT-Angiogram

@Loshy thank you so much. I’m sure it’ll be OK
Hoping it doesn’t pick anything up…I’m already on for the world record for now of hospital appointments :rofl::rofl::rofl: have a good day xxx

1 Like

Hope all goes well today - I’m so glad your husband will be with you :blush:

Thank you. I can’t go anywhere without hubby at the mo as I can’t drive :grin: poor hubby :rofl::rofl:

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes. I’m back from the hospital and it all went ok. I didn’t like the contrast dye much. Warmed me up from the inside and makes you feel like you’re wetting yourself. Seems they were checking all my arteries from the aortic arch (just above heart) to top of my head. Got to wait weeks for the results so will try & forget about it now until I hear from them.

5 Likes

Glad it’s all done :pray:

Thank you @DDMH
Just hoping it doesn’t show anything wrong now. Not sure there’s enough room in my calendar for any more appointments :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: @loshy she said I’d feel like I was having a hot flush. Was a bit warmer than that…felt like I was being cooked on the inside :grin: took me a bit to stop bleeding when they removed cannula - the joys of blood thinners :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth: xxx

1 Like

Hi, I noticed your thread because I have also had an arterial dissection. I’m told that as the body tries to heal the dissection it forms a clot around the wound. A piece of the clit flew off and caused the Stoke.
This happened in New Year’s Eve. After moving on from A&E they did a CT head, then a CT Angiogram (with dye). They saw what they thought might be a vertebral artery dissection and followed it up with an MRI to confirm.
I was so shocked by all of this that I didn’t ask any questions about why it happened, which part of my brain did the stroke effect, what would recivery feel like etc. They told me I couldn’t drive for a while but weren’t specific.
I’m having all sorts of medical appointments eg an echo cardiogram on my heart, I’ve to wear a 5 day heart monitor and on 1 March I see my stroke doctor at his clinic.
I was warned that when a stroke is caused from an artery dissection the chances of a follow-up stroke are high, especially in the first month. so for the first month I’ve been taking things really easy.
So far so good, though I am a bit concerned about pains in my head. I just managed 3 nights of decent sleep and felt so much better. However tonight I’m getting a quite a strong distinct localised pain in the lower left of the back of my brain, which has been coming then going.
Anyone else experienced this? It’s very disconcerting!

@Songbird1 there are always so many questions that go around in our heads following a stroke. At the time when you’re just taking in the news you’ve had a stroke you never think of them to ask. I would write them all down so you can ask them at your appointment on 1st March.

For the first 6 - 8 months following my stroke I constantly had a bad head. It was all over my head but i always described the pain at the back of my head as feeling like i’d been hit with a shovel. I used to mention it to my physios all the time & kept being told it’d probably get better in time. It did but took much longer than I hoped it would. I still get it ftom time to time but it’s not constant any more.

If it becomes really bad for you maybe speak to your GP in advance of your consultant appointment but definitely ask your consultant.

Try not to worry too much & take things easy for a bit (you’re in very early days yet).

Ann

Ann, are you a driver? If so how long did you wait before starting again? Does the consultant sign us off or do we go by how we feel? Not being able to drive is a big problem for me as I can’t take my husband, who has dementia, to all his day care activities.

@Songbird1 i was unable to drive for 3 mobths or until I had been cleared by DVLA whichever was the longer. My stroke affected my vision which was why it was 3 months for me. It’s usually a minimum of a month.

I’m still not driving (although have my licence back) but this is due to an issue with my leg & needing an automatic car (i can’t afford to change my car until I’m back at work).

I’ve attached a link below which will give you info on driving after stroke. I’d double check if you need to be cleared to drive by someone before attempting it otherwise your insurance could be invalid.

Best wishes

Ann

Many thanks Ann. I should have said that I’ve already read the DVLA guidance. My month is over but I haven’t started driving yet. I guess I’ll feel better about it after I’ve seen the consultant again.
I hope you’re able to get the type of car that you need soon!

1 Like

Back in August I had a CT-Angiogram done of my carotid & intracranial arteries. I finally got the results yesterday and am a little confused.

It says “P-comm arteries are not visible. This is likely due to P-Comm arteries being hypoplastic.

Does anyone know what this means?

I will ask my GP /Stroke Dr at the next visit but was curious in the meantime :grin:

Thank you xx

@Mahoney that was my thinking too thank you. I’m wondering now if that might be causing the dizziness I get. Mmmm more questions for my dr i think :thinking:

I’ve started them already :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth: i always forget when i’m there.

Hope you’re doing ok xx

1 Like