Could I be the new Jamie Oliver?

Nope....turkey 

Thank you

That cakes looks great, coffee and walnut, my favourite beautifully iced ? ?

Hi Colin

pets are great company they don’t judge. we have not had pets as my wife does not like animals and both kids have allergies. When I was a kid we had cats and dogs. I would have a dog now if I could but I do borrow friends dogs when I go and visit.

withcooking basic meat stews can be turned into pies with a bit of shop bought ready rolled pastry.

just take it a little bit at a time. Treat yourself to a cookery book, Anything Delia Smith is good.

keep well

sandy

Hi Colin

pets are great company they don’t judge. we have not had pets as my wife does not like animals and both kids have allergies. When I was a kid we had cats and dogs. I would have a dog now if I could but I do borrow friends dogs when I go and visit.

withcooking basic meat stews can be turned into pies with a bit of shop bought ready rolled pastry.

just take it a little bit at a time. Treat yourself to a cookery book, Anything Delia Smith is good.

keep well

sandy

We have friends from Devon stopping by for tea tomorrow afternoon. Today, I made mince pies with home made mincemeat and tomorrow morning I will make Stilton scones with walnut and tarragon butter. Provided baking is stretched out over a period, I can cope.

Oh goody! We go down to Devon to see our grandchildren. We must have to pass by you too. Yum yum! Can you make mine gluten free, please? Chomp chomp, x 

Wow love the sound of the scones. I also love a mince pie. Wish I was coming to yours.

tomorrow I’m making shortbread as I have friends popping in for coffee in the morning. 

Cooking is great therapy, it’s good for your cognitive skills and it’s rewarding you get to eat.

Thank you Sandy. Tea went well. I take time over cooking and find one dish a day is enough. I have not seen these friends for about nine months and they thought I was looking ‘much better’. My one friend is very disabled now, but never complains, makes herself get about and never loses her sense of human. I think that if she can do it (and she has been disabled for a long time) so can I.

You are doing so well, keep at it and enjoy the cooking, bit by bit. Every day at a time. 

Not at the same level as some of the people on this site but I managed to make scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.  Breaking the eggs adding milk and seasoning.  It turned out perfectly. I made it in a pyrex jug with a fork using my weaker right hand.  Very pleased with myself.  ??

Well done, Kay. Progressing again! Next you’ll be making flourless quiche! Or even pancakes. They will all taste much nicer because you’re using your weaker right hand. Sounds like you cooked them in the microwave? Yum yum. ?

Well done, Kay! You do not have to be at any level. The important thing is that cooking enables you to develop your weak hand over time. There are so many movements involved in preparing the simplest meal and the hand definitely improves. 

You are so right, JJM, hand exercises are so important when you have to cook for yourself. peeling potatoes was a nightmare for John at the beginning. He progressed from one to three but a huge amount went onto the compost. I told him they weren’t balls to bounce on the kitchen floor but he eventually learned to control them ?. 

All over to Kay's for brekky - mmmmm

Couldn't face using a saucepan and having to clean it. ??

My first peeled potatoes were almost square ??

I agree it was a work out for my weaker right hand.  I remembered the advice offered by yourself I got all the ingredients and equipment ready in advance.  

No-brainer, microwave every time, same for porridge xx

Okay hope you like scrambled eggs and toast ??