Cooking

Today I thought i’d try making a fruit cake. I found a recipe for a “giggle cake”. Not sure where the name came from but it sounded fun so gave it a go :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Ooooh, I love fruitcake, favourite is bara brith, but technically that is a bread. I like fruitcake with butter or cheese.

MM @Mrs5K ill be round for a cup of tea and slice please :joy::joy: looks yummy. Your hubby will be thrilled x

Never tried it with cheese. Might have to give that a try. I too like bara brith. Nom nom.

1 Like

Hubby loves fruit cake so im sure he’ll enjoy a slice with his cuppa. If you’re quick they might even be enough left for us 2 to have some with a cuppa too :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Looks delicious Ann as does everything you’ve shared with us, enjoy :yum:

1 Like

Shwmae @Mrs5K, aye, fruitcake, in my opinion is a perfect treat with a slice of cheese on top. Cheese goes very well with fruit you see, such as apples and quince paste. So, on that principle alone, it works for me. It’s delicious on bara brith because its a loaf, but it seems to pair well with cake also. Cheese and cake, what can go wrong? :grin:

1 Like

Cheese & cake are 2 of my fav foods @Rups so on that basis I’m going to give it a try together for my lunch :yum: i often have cheese with apples - they go well together. Of course it’s low fat cheese now :grin:

1 Like

Homemade broth mmm

1 Like

Ooooo @Loshy I could do with a bowl of that yummy broth. It’s really cold here & we have a power cut :confused: yum yum

1 Like

Thanks Anne.
I’ll pop down with some :wink::wink::wink: it’s freezing here too. In town it’s +3 in my village it’s -2 it’s mad x

1 Like

Yummy :grin::grin::grin:

We’ve got freezing fog here now. It’s a proper cold day. Thankfully power is now back on so I can defrost my fingers & toes :rofl::rofl:

@Mrs5K we had a 2 hour power cut yesterday. Hubby just went to car and said it’s -7 again here. It’s probably because we are high up near the fells.
Hope you’ve thawed out now x

Its only -2 here at mo…positively tropical compared to you :sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

I’m thawed out now thankfully :cold_face:

1 Like

A cup of broth and a slice of buttery toast … yes, please :star_struck:

1 Like

@Rups I’ve got 3 cups full I’ll pop it over the fence :wink::joy::joy::joy::hugs:

2 Likes

Cheese egg and onion and ham, egg and tomato. Left in oven 5 mins too long.

I think hubby and I are going to get round pie tummy’s :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yum yum yum @Loshy my type of pie. It’ll go very nicely with a jacket spud :yum::yum::yum:

1 Like

Looks delicious, great ingredients too. I’m a fan of pies, it’s got to be said.

1 Like

Looks delicious Lorraine :yum:

1 Like