Clopidogrel

I am feeling very nervous about starting this new medicine, I have been taking aspirin for 14 days and start this today. I know everyone is different, but I would appreciate any feedback or experience of this medicine. Wishing everyone a peaceful 2023.
Karen x

2 Likes

Hi Karen,
Ive been taking Clopidigrel for 6 months now with no issue’s.
Paul

1 Like

Have taken it for two years with no issues

1 Like

I’ve been taking it for 12 months with no issues. Only thing I get is lots of bruises that randomly spring up. Small price to pay if it prevents another clot.

1 Like

Seems to have been fine with me for the last 19 months.

2 Likes

Im on 40mg 1 tablet daily and no issues or side effects noted.

Coz of my sense of humour - i christened it sloppy dog poo in the hospital…just part of my daily routine alongside a 75mg atorvastatin pill too.

Cheers
Andy

3 Likes

I took aspirin at first but am allergic to it, am on clopidogril for bout 3 years now

1 Like

Shwmae @Ktrean60, I have been taking Clopidigrel for two years with no apparent side effects. I think it is considered one of the most effective antiplatelet medications but some people can be intolerant to it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for your replies, feel a little easier about it now. First dose down the hatch so fingers crossed. I guess I can ask more questions when I get to the stroke clinic, but for now this has been very helpful xx

4 Likes

Hello, been on it for five months now, no side effects.

1 Like

Hi. I have been talking clopidogril for the past four years with no I’ll effects. Lilian

1 Like

I’ve been on this since 2014 with no issues.

1 Like

Thanks for making me laugh!!

Thank you, good to have other views. I am only two days in so will see how it goes. I am also taking Atorvastatin. Hopefully I will be able to get some more information when I get to the stroke clinic and have a better idea how I am getting on with them.
Always a worry starting any new medication. It scary being discharged with meds and no idea what and why it all happened.

2 Likes

I started taking it about three days after I was discharged from the hospital in March 2021. I was nervous too but a physiotherapist assured me that it would be fine - and he was right ! No problems at all (touch wood) although pronouncing the name always causes a slight hiccup when I’m reordering it ! Apparently the stress is on the second syllable but I prefer to call it ‘clopi’ or ‘clopi dog’ !

1 Like

Hi Karen
I’ve been taking Clopidrogel since a liver transplant in 2019 followed by an Ischaemic stroke while in ITU with no issues apart from it’s pronunciation, dont worry about it and have a great new year. Jerry.

2 Likes

Thank you @Pam258 and @Jerry, I agree the spelling and pronunciation is a problem. Clopi dog it will be from now on. Wishing you both and everyone on here a peaceful and very happy new year x
Karen

You’re very welcome- happy new year to all. Let’s hope we all have a great New Year and keep improving.

1 Like

I have been taking clopidgrel since last December, and have found it ok , a bit of bruising easily at the start but that seems to have calmed down .

2 Likes