Celebrating Successes

Hi Mrs5k

Thank you for your wonderful poem :heart: . I too have had a few rough days lately and found it to he a heartwarming read. Also really well done on the jigsaw I’m not sure my concentration would allow me yet as I get a headache when concentrating on something.

I’ve just started to watch a bit of telly again.

My success is walking again after the first 2 weeks when initially I could not walk. I’m 6 weeks post stroke now and still walking although it’s getting more difficult with stiff leg and muscles.

Good luck with your continuing recovery x

1 Like

@Colindlynch thank you. Sorry to hear you’re having a few rough days hope they ease for you soon. A massive well done on your walking though…that’s an amazing achievement & you should be very proud. Hopefully if you keep at it your stiff legs & muscles will start to ease.
When I first had my stroke my concentration was shocking but I used jigsaws as part of my therapy. I always enjoyed a jigsaw so had one started when I had my stroke. The first few weeks after my stroke I didn’t go near it but then I started to have a go. I think initially I only managed to shuffle a few pieces around, then that increased to me putting 1 piece in each day & progressed from there. I can still only do 15 mins or so without getting a headache but it is improving. You’re still in very early days yet so am sure your concentration will come. Best wishes

2 Likes

Dear @Mrs5K

The poem is a marvellous achievement well done and… what you posted today about our being an extension of your family melted my heart :heart:

@DDMH thank you so much for your kind words.

I do think of you all as being an extension of my family. I have found this forum to be a great help in stroke journey and has kept me sane at times.

Thank you again. Really appreciate your comments.

1 Like

That poem is brilliant and very true hopeyour recovery continues gillian

Thank you for sharing, and what a beautiful way to share your thoughts, feelings and challenges through poetry!
It is so hard to let people know what you are going through - I get so many comments on how well I look, which can be frustrating as fatigue, brain fog and tremors don’t always show on the outside.
Keep going, you’re doing great!

Thank you @Gillian_21. Hope you’re doing OK xx

Thank you @DebsC
You’re so right about the comments on how well you look. Its the hidden effects that are the worst bit for many but people find it hard to understand things they can’t see. xx

3 Likes

Thank you for your heartfelt poem and thoughts.Well done and pursue this new talent.As you say family help ad inspire but only understand what they see.And each of us is different and unique.I fin d myself con gratulating my right side for an y small effort which is a step folrward.It may sound weird but only the cat hears!

@Sheila88 thank you for your kind words.
It’s good to hear that you congratulate yourself on any small achievements. That’s a really positive thing to do. I bet the cat loves hearing about them too. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat: I used to tell my cat loads of things.
I saw this picture on Facebook yesterday & thought it was quite apt. A good reminder for when we are having our bad days.

2 Likes

MrsK5, Thank you for the poem. I think we all need reminding of how we’ve come, especially on down days. By the way your jigsaw is a triumph! Moira.

Thank you so much @moira.mcgeough. I think utsvreally important to remind ourselves how far we’ve come. Very easy to forget when we’re feeling down.
I’ve always loved jigsaws. They just take a lot longer now. Has been good therapy for me though.
Best wishes
Ann x

1 Like

Love the picture…When I was in hnospital my goal was to climb stasirs…as I live in a house not a bungalow.We started with two stairfs!..Sheila

Thank you @Sheila88
I bet it felt good when you were able to do the stairs. Took me ages to master it but was chuffed when I did. Well done on your goal x

Lovely sharing, thank you. Your poem encapsulates so much of what I feel. I started writing a stroke memoir some time ago, so will continue or maybe turn it into a poem.

1 Like

Your story and poem really cheered me up, just keep doing what you are doing. I do brain exercises on the computer daily, if I can and things like jigsaws really help. You seem to be doing all the right things and it seems like you have the determination to keep going.

@SingingDeer thank you so much for your kind words. A memoir sounds great…hope you have been inspired to continue with it xx

@MarilynW thank you. The fact that my poem has cheered you up has made my day. I do some daily word puzzles too…always enjoyed them so now have a good excuse to Bury myself in them :grin: hope you’re doing well too xx

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing your journey so honestly through your poem. It is so easy to miss the progress we’re making on a day to day basis, but recording it and reflecting on the journey allows us to focus on just how far we’ve come. So many can relate to what you describe!

Love the jigsaw too! Richest blessings on your continuing recovery! X

@Stewart1 thank you for your kind words. Means a lot.
Best wishes x

1 Like