Catch up

Hi everyone, well it’s my birthday today and this time last your (even though they still had t diagnosed me from 17th March until 7th April) I was poorly and in a limbo state not knowing what had happened to me! But this year I contracted a chest infection I think I mentioned it last week, so I was blue lighted to the hateful hospital on Saturday with breathing difficulties blue lips and basically passing out to be told after a change of antibiotics intravenously and painkillers plus X-rays, I had pneumonia. I haven’t been able to get up or walk. The dizziness made me think of the stroke. First time I’ve picked my phone up for awhile. I discharged myself last night as I couldn’t get any rest in the hateful hospital as you are all aware of what hospital is like but particularly my awful experience in the Cumberland. Anyway I’ve been reading most of the posts or playing catch up. I’m sorry I cannot answer all as I feel a bit overwhelmed and my head is not ok at the moment. So I’m just letting you know I haven’t ignored everyone but just out of sorts for a little while. Thank you for reading sending my best to all of you special SS lovely people. Xx :blush:

4 Likes

Get well soon. Yes, sleeping in a hospital is very difficult indeed.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear this @Loshy , wishing you well and hope you start to feel better soon.

Probably not the sort of day you were expecting but Happy Birthday anyway !! :birthday:

1 Like

Hello @Loshy. Goodness me, please just concentrate on you and getting stronger. I wondered what had happened as you were unusually quiet. Hopefully you are getting some proper rest now you are home. I can’t imagine being back in hospital, I hope it wasn’t too traumatic.
Hope you can manage some cake today birthday’s have their uses! :cake::birthday::cake: Julia x

1 Like

Thank you and yes I’m quite mouthy or vocal usually :joy_cat::joy_cat::kissing_heart:

Thank you for you kind words x

Thank you. No rest at all John :flushed::blush:

Al, thanks and you summed up hospitals very well. Totally agree. :birthday::blush:sharing my cake :joy_cat::joy_cat:

Take care, sorry you have had such a bother. You are home now and hopefully you can rest and recuperate. Thinking of you. Jane.

1 Like

Hi Loshy, first of all Happy Birthday hope you’ve had a good day at home with your family.
I’m so sorry to read about your poor experience at Cumberland, now it’s time to take time to recuperate, deep breaths and good thoughts, you can put all this behind you. When you’re able I would try and get a check up with your GP just to make sure you’re ok, I hope you’ll be feeling better soon.
Ann

1 Like

Thank you I’m feeling a little stronger tonight. I think the IV antibiotics then the new oral ones have started to kick in :blush:

Thank you for the birthday wishes. My husband has held our grandkids at bay as they are a handful. Our daughter has rescheduled our day to the 19th April. I have a GP check up Friday. :blush:

@Loshy I was literally just going to message you to see how you were. Was worried as you’d not posted. So sorry to hear you’ve been back in hospital & have pneumonia. I hope you are starting to improve now & are through the worst.
Look after yourself & look forward to more posts once you’re loads better. Happy birthday too.
Sending love & hugs and :hugs::hugs::hugs::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi yes it’s being horrible never thought I’d be back in that hateful hospital so quickly after my 5 night stay in august and the farce time in March 2021 for 1 night when I had my stroke. I do draw strength from all of you and love being part of our SS special group. Thanks for the best wishes another birthday I won’t forget :roll_eyes: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

We missed your messages. I can only Imagine how awful being back in hospital was for you. You can rest and recuperate better at home. Your next birthday will be fab and you’ll have to make up for the last 2. Look after yourself and get well really soon xxx

1 Like

Happy birthday Lorraine :bouquet::tada::partying_face::champagne: @Loshy, so sorry to hear you’ve been so poorly you had to spend time in hospital, hopefully you’re on the mend and feeling better.

Sending you lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

We’ll catch up when you’re feeling stronger and more like yourself again, best wishes, take care

1 Like

Thank you very much. I hope to hit the ground running :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: soon or so to speak :kissing_heart::hugs:

Penblwydd hapus @Loshy, wishing you a speedy recovery and then a slice of cake. I’m sorry to hear you ended up in hospital, and I am not surprised you discharged yourself when you could. Once all the urgent and essential procedural stuff is out of the way, nothing beats ones own bed for a good nights sleep.

1 Like

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOSHY!!! :rainbow: :sun_with_face:Sorry to hear you’ve been so sick. Now that you’re out of the hospital, maybe you can get some rest and regain good health.! :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

Thank you. @Rups Yep no rest in hospital couldn’t bare the noise either. Tried to stay up most of yesterday birthday and all that! So I feel exhausted this morning. Mixture of conditions I suppose. Your garden is looking amazing :star_struck: