Catch up

Just getting used to this site lol Howie everyone hope all is well drop me a line and let me know how u r all doing with best regards des

1 Like

Doing quite well Des. Just back home after a three day tripto Norfolk. Yesterday, I amazed myself by walking at least two miles. I haven’t walked so far since my stroke six years ago. Not all done in one go, but more than I ever walk in a normal day. I got into a reasonable rhythm of of walking and paused when I needed to. So, well pleased by my achievement

3 Likes

Well done John. You must be proud of yourself. I’m only able to walk a few yards but am doing a little more each day. I still have to use a rollator though but it gives me a bit of independence.I too am just learning how to use the new site. Well done Des. Lilian

1 Like

Hi Lillian. The long walk was forced on me by circumstance and I achieved it despite being anxious about falling should I stumble. I was with my partner. Strangely, because I cannot really nap on a short break, the fatigue doesn’t get to me. Praise to you too, because we all learn to walk again little by little. Pushing yourself a few more yards every day will lead to long term achievement. Keep at it.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply John. I do keep trying, mainly because at the end I reach the coffee shop and get my reward! I am improving though. thank you . Lilian

1 Like

Hello Des (@Des_murphy), glad to hear you’re persisting with the site upheaval. I’m still going through the same old nonsense, but making progress, albeit, bite-sized. Purposefully, didn’t set my alarm last night, and slept in until noon.

1 Like

Still finding it harder then the old one how do you find certain people and there posts I have stopped writing in here as much as it hard work or it could be me happy Christmas to all I think I have the virus had a fast flow test positive just had a per test so it’s lockdown Christmas for me . Luckly daughter and my wife gave not got it felt a bit I’ll the first day it so but starting to feel better had the two jabs and boaster so all being well should be ok famous last words lol