Carpal Tunnel

Just out of consultation reference my numbness, pins and needles and weakness in my hands. have been diagnosed with advanced carpal tunnel and I’m having an operation on my right hand 6th May and a injection in my left hand same day. They open the medium nerve to make 2 channels instead of 1. At least it’s sorted though it’s about 7 weeks still of this pins, needles and numbness. Just advise anyone with similar problems to see your GP. They will ask you to wear splints too which I’ve done. Thanks for listening Loraine :blush:

4 Likes

@Loshy not too long to wait to have it done. :blush:Will be so much better for you when they’ve operated. Will they do your other hand a bit later on?
Good luck with the op & here’s to no more pins & needles xx

1 Like

That’s good news Lorraine @Loshy, yes it’s still a few weeks of numbness and tingling but it will be worth the wait :grinning::+1:

1 Like

@Mrs5K @Mahoney hi thanks both. They will do right hand first then when I’m ready the left hand. Lovely Doctor totally understanding and really hit the spot when he examined me. I’m relieved as I was up 4 times last night trying to get circulation back. Enjoy a sunny few days :blush:

1 Like

That’s great news Loraine, I’m sure that will be a big help once healed. Was this as a result of your stroke or is it something that’s from RSI! Either way it will be good to have it sorted. :+1:

1 Like

@Ingo66 hi thanks for your reply, they aren’t sure I have a numb right thigh too. I’m having a nerve conduction test in 10 days this will tell me if it’s spine related or not. If it’s not it will probably be through stroke but they cannot say 100% as usual. Have a sunny day :blush:

It’s good they’re doing the test to find out one way or the other for you :grinning:

1 Like

@Loshy glad you had such a good experience with the Dr. Makes such a difference. It sounds like it’s quite debilitating for you at mo. You’ll be like a new person once it’s sorted & you can sleep better :grin::grin:

2 Likes

@Mrs5K i hope so I think when your sleep deprived it doesn’t help your body to fix properly. Thank you for replying :blush:

1 Like

@Loshy hope the time flies by till your op, it will be so worth it in the end.

1 Like

Hi Loshy,
I had my left hand done about 5 years ago. I’d had about 6 injections because I was nervous about having my only working hand operated on. In the end I decided to get it done. The procedure was very quick and fairly painless. I had to stay in hospital for an extra couple of days (I couldn’t use either hand) but it was well worth it not to have any more pain and the scar is barely visible.

1 Like

@MinnieB hi thank you for reassuring me I wish it was done now as it’s driving me nuts. Have a lovely sunny weekend :sunny::blush:

You too (and don’t try any heavy lifting - that really brings the pains on!):dark_sunglasses: :tropical_drink:

1 Like

Loshy

I had a carpal tunnel op on both hands at the same time in day surgery about fifteen years ago. Took about 10 days before totally OK but nearly OK after a week re lifting etc. Never had a problem since and don’t know which are scars and which are lines on wrist/hands. Enjoy your sleep-filled nights when they happen.

@Magga thank you for the reassurance. They will only do one hand at a time so it’s my R hand first then when I’ve healed it will be my L hands turn. Have you had any pins needles or numbness since? Thank you Loraine :blush:

Had no pins and needles from date of op. Able to carry and lift heavy bags, heavy gardening etc. Hope your op goes as well.

1 Like

@Magga thank you Magga it’s about 5 weeks to operation and counting :blush: