Brain Training Apps

Hi, I thought since the weather is absolutely rubbish I’d start a Brain Training App had a quick look in the AppStore there’s plenty of choice, anyone got any recommendations?

3 Likes

@Sharon_B I have tried mindpal in the last couple of days that was recommended by @profJohn

I also use wordle & quordle which I enjoy.

3 Likes

I do wordle and play scrabble online too. Started mindpal today. . Looks fun

2 Likes

Neuronation is good. Quite tricky. So a good brain workout.

I’m active on words with friends. It’s like Scrabble with other little word games.

3 Likes

Thanks I will have a look at them, keep me busy during winter.

1 Like

Sudoku and Chinese checkers are my two goto ones.
I use them as hand therapy to as I’ve not got the hand control I want. Trying to use the phone is a useful challenge (with a lot of frustration from how sensitive a tough screen is to all the wrong movements!

1 Like

@Sharon_B i do a lot of online chess playing

4 Likes

If i was any good id live to play online chess

1 Like

Yes, I’m going to start playing online chess … played as a kid … but would have to start over now … ooooorrr maybe the Strokes have given me a new skill and I’ll be an Expert! :smirk::sweat_smile::hugs: :sparkles:Anne :sparkles:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for you Anne

Thanks @TRFCANDY53 :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

Let me know which onoine chess you are playing, might challenge you sonetime!!!

… I think it’ll be a looooong while before I get round to chess, but if I do will reach out :sparkles:Anne :sparkles:

1 Like

No worries…
Enjoy the weekend
Andy
Xx

I use the phone app from chess.com
User 51monharr15

1 Like

Cheers simon…

How good are you? Honest answer only…

The app gives a rating. I’m not at the bottom but not far up the scale
If you pingme let me know yr from here cos I don’t accept all games. A minimum of 1 move a day works best normally

1 Like

On chess.com my username is McCrocket. Used to be decent returning to play just recently. Still make silly mistakes so would rate myself back at reasonable beginner. I like speedy games.

On words with friends my username is Paulo McC.

Very Happy for any challenges.

1 Like

I already had a profile on there !!!
Andyjonestrfc if you fancy a game sometime

1 Like

Hi Sharon it’s not really a brain training app but I play words with friends 2 it’s scrabble so if you fancy it look us up and give us a game I’m under the heading Martin and you see me in a red T shirt

1 Like