Botox

My wife had a stroke 16 years ago . Two months ago she had Botox treatment on her leg against spasticity . Ten days after the treatment she suffered muscle weakness everywhere and that has continued . Last weak she had a very brief epileptic fit and she is now in hospital . The doctor tells me that stroke survivors sometimes get epilepsy . From my research that usually happens just after the stroke or up to a few years after . For it to happen later would require some kind of shock to the brain .
Apparently if Botox is badly administered it can go into the blood and have an effect on the brain . I suspect that is what has happened. I’m interested to know if anyone has had a similar experience

1 Like

Hi Maougna, i had been having Botox treatment up until May this year when it stopped working for me. I had been having it for years for the same same reason has your wife. I am not having it anymore i am waiting to have two operations on my spastic leg, one to stop my toes from clawing under and one to stop my ankle
from turning. I have never had any trouble with it at all. Hope your wife soon recovers.

1 Like

A have the botox for about a year for my headaches it don’t do match it’s rubbish . I wish in hospital late week thought it was stroke but it’s was a fitt from old strokes I I’ve new tablets for its but my headaches still there got to be laughing all be fxxk lol

I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s recent health struggles. While I don’t have any personal experience with Botox and its potential effects on stroke survivors, it’s always important to communicate any concerns you may have with your healthcare provider.
In the meantime, have you looked into any other treatment options for your wife’s spasticity? I know that there is such a treatment option at onsitemedspa.com. You could contact them and ask more.