Blocked artery

hello everyone, my husband had a stroke 12 weeks ago , he has a narrowed carotid artery in his neck which requires operation to clear it. has any of you needed this or anything similar? he hasnt got much faith in hospitals and worried of going in for operation, it would be helpful if anyone has had or knows someone else with this problem. ?

My partner had a stroke on 4 June, this year, the day after his 67th Birthday. We were told his artery on his right-hand side is blocked and is inoperable. We were also told that there are three others in his neck, and these will now do the work of four. 

Wishing your husband luck, hope everything turns out okay.

Hi yes I had a stroke at the end of May and I had a 90% blocked artery on the left side I was extremely worried as it tells you the best time to have this is within 2 weeks of a stroke I had to wait till day 13 but did have successful operation at the start of June. It does take some recovery felt it put me back a bit but without the operation you are at risk of another stroke. 4 months on back at work full time still have some weakness on the right side but working on that and just flown to Majorca for a holiday with no problems.

Tell your husband to have the operation or he will always have the fear of another stroke hanging over him.

Hi yes I had a stroke at the end of May and I had a 90% blocked artery on the left side I was extremely worried as it tells you the best time to have this is within 2 weeks of a stroke I had to wait till day 13 but did have successful operation at the start of June. It does take some recovery felt it put me back a bit but without the operation you are at risk of another stroke. 4 months on back at work full time still have some weakness on the right side but working on that and just flown to Majorca for a holiday with no problems.

Tell your husband to have the operation or he will always have the fear of another stroke hanging over him.

Hi my partner has complete blockage left side, have been told has it's a total occlusion no surgery, hes 49 and 7mths post stroke x 

Hi there, I had 2 strokes at the end of June but was too unstable to have the operation at that time.  After waiting until early October for my surgery and worrying myself silly, I received the operation which was a complete success and I would urge your husband to have the op to reduce the risk of a further stroke.  My left internal and vertebral arteries are blocked and before the op my right side was 70% blocked.  I hope this is helpful.