Bleed and blood clot

Hi I'm new on here. My husband had a stroke last week and they did a ct scan and said it was a cerebral bleed then they did an MRI scan and said he also has a clot, they said it's not very common and I just wondered if anyone else had had the same or knows of anyone who has. Thanks Helen

Hi Helen

I am really sorry to hear about your husband's stroke, this is always a very distressing time for those closest to them and hopefully you're receiving some good support.

I have noticed you haven't yet had a reply on here, and thought you might want to pop your message onto the main wall to see if you can instigate some conversation and support there for both you and your husband?

What treatment has your husband received? Is he still in hospital?

Take care

Vicki 

Hi, my husband has just been discharged. He didn't receive  any treatment as they could not give him anything for the clots because of the bleeds, in total he had 2 bleeds and 3 clots.

Hi Helen,

Jill Bolte-Taylor is an American Harvard-trained Neuroanatomist who had a stroke at age 37. In her book, "My Stroke of Insight", she decribes how she had first  a bleed and then had to have a golf-ball sized clot removed from her brain. She is still alive today, 22 years later.

She did a TED talk about her experience, which you can find on You-Tube. The most amazing part of her story is how she made a complete recovery over 7 years.  In 2008, Time Magazine named her as one of the 100 most influential people in the World. High praise indeed.

I hope this is of some interest. Take care now, both of you...

Damian

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll take a look and see what i can find about her.