Bang, crash, whallop!

I’ve crawled in here to have a private moan and whinge.
Perhaps more public than private. Poor me ! !
Things are piling up and my drive is running down.

Last week my home network started giving us problems again.
To sort this I had to get upstairs and take a look at it close up.
That is the third time, in the six months since I left hospital, of tackling those stairs under the worried gaze of my wife.
The work involved re-installing the operating system on my wife’s PC and setting it back up to what it had been. Luckily the system makes backups but it took much longer, several hours, to correct than would have been the case when I was whole and hearty pre-stroke. It turned out since then that I needed to re-install a laptop too.
As a result I have become pretty worn down without realising it was happening.

To crown it all next week we will be having a man installing fibre direct to the house. We get a new router which will likely mean adjustments being needed for tv, set top boxes, mobile phones and, yes, the home network again.

So batteries of the human variety will no doubt take another pounding.

Meanwhile,
I have been trying to get an instruction set for baking sourdough put together for the forum. I was in bed thinking about photographs I’d like to include. Then another hammer blow . . . you need a fully functioning right hand to use a camera like mine, don’t you? This stroke thing is, in so many ways, a total grand pain in the bottom, isn’t it?

They do say that when things are totally crap, they can only get better.
I sincerely hope ‘they’ are right.

I’m ready for things to take an upturn.

8 Likes

@Bobbi it sounds like you’ve been having “fun” but a big well done for sorting out your IT issues. I struggled with that stuff pre stroke now the thought terrifies me. All of that is a lot to do together with the energy & effort needed to even get up the stairs it’s no wonder you’re drained.
Yes, cameras are tricky one handed. Don’t know much about cameras but I’m sure someone on here will have a solution.
Take it easy.
Ann

1 Like

@ thanks Ann, I’m craving sympathy right now. As for the camera I have got a tripod and remote wireless trigger but it is more involved than the point and shoot I would normally have done.
She won’t be keen but I might try asking my mrs to take the shots. She has been taking phone camera shots that we used on the forum before now. There’s always a way isn’t there?

2 Likes

@Bobbi, for some reason these technical troubles seem to do my head in too. Perhaps they always did, and are exacerbated post-stroke. Hopefully all your tech issues will stay on the rails after this. :grinning:

2 Likes

You have my sympathies Bobbi. As usual you make an entertaining story for us out of your trials and tribulations :pray:

1 Like

@DDMH
I must admit that I appear to encounter incidents whenever I set out to do something. Aah well . . .

I suppose:

1. Plain and straight forward would make for a boring life.
  2. Without incidents there would be little to talk about.
  3. They who, incidentally, do a lot of saying, recount oftentimes that, if you don’t summon up a laugh or a giggle every now and again then all that is left to do is to cry.

I am pleased that my tumbles provide amusement. I assure you, it is all given freely.
A little sympathy doesn’t go amiss either.

:grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Bobbi I hope you didn’t think your tumbles amused me, I just love to read your posts they are always so well written

1 Like

@DDMH Thanks for your reply. No offence taken. Trouble with ‘writing funny’ is how easy it easy to convey a meaning you did not intend. I have to admit to getting right up some folks nose once in a while, unintentionally of course, but so bad as to be unable to put things right again.
Perhaps my words should come with a warning, something like, ‘I didn’t mean that, honest’.

I find the internet a place where it is so easy to both misunderstand and be misunderstood. Anyway, moving on,

keep on keepin’ on :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @Bobbi good to know :+1:

1 Like

It’s hard work on bad days however these comes and goes hope you feel more upbeat soon with kind regards des

2 Likes

I sympathise with you re the IT problems. I’m going to need to play with stuff at the back of the TV tomorrow when my Roku streaming stick arrives (thanks very much ITV Hub for discontinuing service on my Freesat box!) I bet things don’t go as smoothly as advertised.
I have a very nice Nikon bridge camera that I can no longer use (other than with a tripod and other gubbins). My smartphone is my alternative, but doesn’t take the quality photos I was used to taking before.
On the subject of Sourdough, I tried (and failed spectacularly) last weekend, to make some, so some extra instruction would be gratefully received!

1 Like

Hi Bobbi, I too have lost function of the my right hand. I totally understand the frustration of suddenly realising You can’t do what you used to. We learn to adapt and get praised for our perseverance but oh how I miss my right hand and arm! Definitely a pain in the bottom :thinking:

1 Like

Just a thought on the photography. If you have access to a smartphone some allow voice control :thinking:

1 Like

@EssexPhil Thanks for that info Phil. I’ll look into it. Some of the things I come out with I might end up making it blush !

1 Like

:raised_hand: :smiley:
:+1: :+1: :+1:
@ZX1 I put some emoji’s up for you. Thank you, they are just what I needed to make my day.
As for inventions, after a lot of humming and hawwing, I eventually bought a rollator, or rotivator as I sometimes call it. It has enabled me to move around the house, there’s a lot of heavy breathing and it is slow, but it makes a good change from sitting in one spot in a wheelchair. Also, as a secondary benefit, the movement is improving my stamina and strength.
Oddly I’ve written on this forum about falls before. Only yesterday I went over again, much to my wife’s consternation. This time, after shuffling around on the floor, until I was next to my bed, I was able to get myself up into a standing position, then sit on the edge of the bed and rest.
Not so long ago that would have been an impossibility. My Mrs is now a little less worried, (I do cause her a great deal of heart-ache and trouble. I can only hope I improve and become less of a liability)
Before you ask my fall was not severe, I was soon back on my feet, with only a slight graze on my shin to show for it. Compared with others, in this respect, I have been very lucky. I have in the past undergone bruises and pain but never anything that did not clear up by itself.
I was once told that a fall, as unwelcome as it is, is a step in the right direction. Ever onwards, as they say!!
Thank you for your comment ZX1 and as I do always say . . .

Keep on keepin’ on

:smiley:

(when you enter a comment those emoji’s are at the top of the box where you enter the text, hope you spot them next time, :+1: )

1 Like

@Bobbi sorry to hear you’ve fallen again. Recovery is all about pyshing yourself which inevitably leads to little mishaps. Getting yourself up though isn’t easy so a massive well done for that. You’ll have to tell your wife to look the other way…what the eye can’t see and all that :grin: good to hear you’re none the worse for it.

1 Like

@ZX1
I know this might not be right for you, but did you know the text for an emoji needs a space in front in order to display properly?
for example:
this is what happens without a space in front:+1: and this is is what it looks like with the space :+1: Check it for yourself in a text box.

I hope that this works for you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well done :upside_down_face:

I bet you’ll be emoji’ing all over the place now, :grinning:

Happy Forumming, ZX1. :+1:

if you moan when something don’t work,
you never know, someone might tell you how to fix it

Keep on keepin’ on

:smiley:

2 Likes