Baking cake

Hi pippy I'm quite tired managed to take the dog for a quick walk not far from where we live so bit exhausted I think between the stroke and anti depressants it's worn me out.Hope you. Are well

Rich

That's good you got out ,bet your dog was happy lol ...even thou your exhausted you still got out well done ..pippy ..

Thanks Pippy

Rich

Welcome hope today will be a better day for you try toĀ  ,think positive even if your feeling rubbish...sun is shining again birds are singing ,embrace the day rich it will get better for you ..pippy ..

Thanks

Hi pippy hope you are doing ok. I have been going to balance class at the local hospital it's just something once a week. I have decided to retire at the end of November as I don't think the fatigue would enable to work full time. I'm quite looking forward to it now I've made the decission. Hope you are still baking your cakes and doing well health wise. Take care

Rich

Hey hi rich yeah still baking cakes then wonder why I'm not losing any weight lol...how's the balance class going is it helping you ...that's good you e made a decision,you wasn't too sure before ..is your partner going to retire too ,I'm doing ok thankyou have my days like we all do from time to time but I'm doing ok ...I'm back to work on graduated return but have been off this week self isolating as I'm having the loop recorder tomorrow ,I found it hard at work but I think it's going to take time and IveĀ  got to remember I can't run around like I used to ,...have you thought of things to enjoy when you retire ,bet your doggle will be happy with more trips to the coast ,did you get to drive I think that was the last convo I had with you ...well glad your ok and you have a good plan in place enjoy retirement all the very best ..pippy x

Hi Pippy the balance is class is good only second week so early days but it's good fun. They setup a circuit and we just do about 5 minutes on each piece of kit. It's fairly tiring but I think it's working. My wife has decided to retire also so we are all home the dog gets walked down the beach everyday so he is very happy and it is good for me too, as for drivingĀ  my left armĀ  shoulder is still very painful.I spoke to one of the physios today and they said everything is in the right place and said to speak to the doctor about neurological pain killers. I might give it a while few weeks before if I do that I read that the pain killers are very strong and make you drowsy which is something I don't want. Hopefully it will ease with excersises. Glad you have managed to go back to work , good luck with that.

Rich

Hey rich balance class sounds fun they have nothing like that in Essex I don't think ,I'm so glad you and your wife both decided to retire ,I wish you both every happiness together and enjoy your lives do want you both want to do and stay happy .no setting the alarm for work anymore ,that must feel so good keep in touch pippy x

Well done on the baking. A tip for you... When the cake is ready switch the oven off and open the door and leave it to cool.Ā Then you can take it out of the oven without the risk of burning yourself.

Hi pamela good tip I will try it ,hope your ok just had my loop recorder inserted ,at least it's all done now ..pippy x

Well done Pippy. I made my first cake in stages and am now back to cooking generally. After my stroke I bought a new food processor and now make all our own bread using it. I can even roll party again. Never think something is beyond you. Where there's a will there's a way.

Absolutely John never ever give up ,I'm back to baking most weeks ,well done that's a huge plus and homemade bread that is yum ...I've been cooking lots in the slow cooker and now the weather is getting chilly I will be doing stews can't wait wish you well John ..pippy x

Thanks Pippy, we are both glad to retire after more than 40 years working although we didn't envisage the way it came about. But now the decision is made we are both gladĀ  although my wife is still going g to Help her old boss out in busy times as he was very helpful when I was first out of hospial. I had my pip assessment today which wasn't as stressful as I had feared. Hope you get stronger going back to work. I will let you know the pip goes and will stay in touch take care and keep baking your cakes look yummy. It's funny I'm not a cake person but always look at cakes on the bake off and think they look delicious but wouldn't eat one of ifĀ  it was in front of me.

Take care rich

Ā 

Well done Poppy, I'm getting ready to make Christmas cakes and like you when I first made them after the stroke I was very anxious and not confident about it. It's now 3 years since the stroke and much easier to do than that first year. Sometimes we just have to give it a go to realise we stillĀ can.
My husband typedĀ up a few of my recipes I used to make regularly ( chilli, spaghetti bol etc)Ā and I used to follow them in the early days but I find I don't need them so much now, it all seems to have come back if that makes sense. So Poppy enjoy you cake making, I'llĀ think of you when I start making my cakes for ( dare I say it) Christmas.

Ann

Hey rich that's really positive your both looking forward to it and great your wife is still going to do bits and help her old boss out ,yeah let me know the outcome of pip as that would definitely be welcomed from you both ...I'm always baking cakes but they don't last long as my kids visit with there families and one visit it's gone ,but I don't mind I just make another lol...I think cake is more a woman thing for some reason ,mine arnt as posh as bake off ,but it's something I enjoy ...have a great evening ..pippy x

Hi Ann that's good I find it therapeutic being in the kitchen baking , yes it all comes back I'm 5 months post stroke and things are getting easier some days I'm a bit ditzy but we just laugh at it ...we love a chilli I pop it all into the slow cooker and leave it ,I've just started making pileu rice didn't realise it was so easy...my partner actually asked if I'd bought it ,I said with much pride no made it ?..years ago I used to make Christmas cakes for family I used to start in October and each month addĀ  brandy ,by December you didn't want too much ...I remember throwing some outĀ  after Christmas for the birds then realised the alcohol in it ,was. Worried the birds would get drunk but luckily no birds flying into walls lol ....after reading your post I think I will make one this year ,just the one for us ..have a great evening let me know how the cakes go ..pippy x

Hey howā€™s you hope your getting along well and still taking your doggle for its walks , Iā€™m now back working again cut my hours down but still there itā€™s hard going but keeps my mind active and away from horrid thoughts , having more councelling just waiting for my date for that to start xx

Hi Pippy, Iā€™m doing ok thanks, sorry for not keeping in touch Iā€™m rubbish at it to be honest. Nice to hear from you glad you have started back in work, I was having terrible thoughts in the early days, but now not so bad. The fatigue is still horrendous but I go out walking the dog twice a day most days which keeps me going. Iā€™m in the process of moving house soon, very stressful though. I really hope the councilling helps you. Take care for now really nice to hear from you again.
Rich.

Brilliant your doing well Iā€™m so pleased I remember you was very low in the begining like myself I donā€™t think Iā€™m as bad as I was but still not great itā€™s the anxiety and the fatigue that gets me too , and my memory its awlful l xx