Anxiety?

Hi Jane, I am on Elequis and low dose aspirin.  My GP and cardiologist are both fine with me taking CBD with the thinners.  I've never heard anything to the contrary.  I've taken it on and off with my thinners for 2 1/2 years. My GP said many of her patients use it. In fact, I found out about it from a nurse in the hospital, who thought it was helpful for stroke patients suffering from muscle spasms.  It really helped mine, my anxiety and insomnia as well.  I took 20 mg. drops under the tongue as that's the fastest acting.  Often I took a second 20 mg a half hour or so later if the first didn't work. It got me through some tough times for the first year or so.  Now, 2 1/2 years later, I only need to use it occasionally.  I hope this helps.  I hope you feel better soon. smiley Love, Jeanne

Hi Rich, yes, get yourself checked out as others have advised.  I called the stroke team and 999 on a couple of occasions following my husband's stroke, when he'd had an "event" and felt out of sorts.  On each occasion the moment passed and he felt fine, but it was reassuring to have him checked.  I think in most cases he had simply overdone it, and his brain was just saying "Take a break, I can't manage"!!  

The scary part is that we can't see inside, so we fear the worst and the best thing is to seek help.  Good luck, stay strong and calm ?? 

Thank you so much I'm so worried which I think doesn't help it s reassuring to see people post their experiences on here so I can compare symptoms still nice to be checked by th doctors though.

Hi Jane had Another visit to a and e today had a. Had a Heart monitor fitted last Friday   so last night bought I was having preparations all night  so off to hospital in a panic after several ecg scans found everything was ok they also downloaded the monitor while I was there and that came back ok, I was sort of hoping they would find something so at least I would have a reason as to why now I have to wait still I see the stroke consultant to see what's next. What if they never know to we have to live our lives outside a and e because every strange twinge makes paranoid I hope not don't think I could exist like that is anyone else going through this scenario 

Rich worried sick.

Thanks Janei ts the same for me right now every bit of numbness sends me into panic mode I feel constantly on edge my nerves are shot to pieces. Really getting me down at the moment. If we had a reason think that would be great and I know lots of us  never know why. I just can't seem to cope with that at this time, thanks for talking it's been a big help

All the best 

Rich

Hi jane your doctor sounds awful.you mentioned therapies what sort of help is out there if you know

Rich

Thanks Jane very kind of you to try and help

Rich

Hi Rich 

GP help and services vary across the country and it can be disheartening to read some of the responses and ‘help’ that people receive. Anxiety is a barrier to improving your recovery. I would approach your GP and ask for a referral for some psychological help with anxiety. You can also do a self referral through the NHS website. Look at Anxiety fear and panic on the NHS website. There’s also some self help stuff on there. I don’t know if there are long waits for these services but give them a try. With help and being able to deal with your anxiety and unhelpful thoughts, you will be able to improve the way you feel. Best wishes Pat

Thank you pat

Hi yes its anxiety. 

i feel so anxious, despondent, feelings of despair,  all the time,,, i wish i didn't feel so, have mentioned to gp, they said obv jst see how it goes, do the vitaminds, thanks

Hello, Charles Darwin wrote, "If we expect to suffer, we are anxious; if we have no hope of relief, we despair.” These feelings are natural, but need to be kept in check, otherwise they become counterproductive. Easier said than done. Sometimes, I swear and cuss at my circumstances, cussing is an analgesic, it increases adrenaline and relieves pain. It's natural, cheap, and reasonably effective. I always try and think of the next thing I can look forward to, for instance, if I get up ealier than usual, I think about the pleasure of my next nap. If I am faigued, I think about sitting down and having a friendly cup of tea or a stout in the garden. Or particuarly for me, it's an evening with a book or my mug of Horlicks and sitting down to play a video game. Always looking forward to something to look forward to, despite the debilitating unpleasantness I feel mentally and physically most of the day. Personally for me, I chose anti-anxiety medication to see me through recovery. This choice was because my malaise was crippling to the point of me being almost bedridden for several months at the six month recovery mark when progress slowed down. I also augment this with natural methods to relax and calm, I dab lavendar oil on my pillow, I take a swig of dark rum to soothe my nerves if anxiety is acute, I listen to ambient music on a soft headphone headband, and use camomile cream. It's an artillary of mollification because I need as much bolstering comfort as I can tolerate. 

Doctor's love the phrase 'see how it goes'. But hopefully you can find those things that might draw you out of despondency, and you do have hope so do not despair too much, although, I know it is difficult to keep these thoughts at bay. I try and make light of my circumstance to other people, such as saying to them that while other people run on a lithium battery, I'm charged with a Poundland double-a, or if someone is waiting for me to walk past them, I often tell them that they'll be waiting for a few hours. 

I really hope you can wriggle out of these thoughts as much as possible. Anxiety is a tought nut to crack, but it is all in the mind, unfortunately for us, that's where most of our trouble is, so we have to be brave and persistent.