A Stroke Survivors' Story

Hi,

My name is Mathew - I haven't posted for a while, sorry. 

I have written a story about my feelings and anxieties of having a stroke, and the steps I took during recovery. I hope you find it of interest.

My story is online at http://www.ironmathewcollins.co.uk/stroke.htm

Mathew.

Thank you for Sharing.  I can relate to your story   this will really help lots of us remember there is hope,  and things improve too.

Wowza!!  Thanks for sharing your amazing story.  You have self-discipline and motivation in bucket loads, congratulations for all that you've achieved ?

Keep on keeping on, and all good wishes for your continued recovery 

I'd like to say thank you Mathew, I read your story and felt our stroke journey was very similar!  I was up to the stage of not going out by myself in case something happened to me (I had been out with my family) so having read your story i took the bull by the horns one day and as all my family were out I decided to just do it, got my coat on and walked around the block by myself, terrifying but liberating at the same time and I sent a photo after I got back to my husband and daughter as I felt so proud ? the next steps are going back to work in the next few months which feels so daunting but like the walk I now feel u just have to jump straight in and see what happens when the times right.  So once again thank you for your story as it really helped me a lot ?

I'd like to say thank you Mathew, I read your story and felt our stroke journey was very similar!  I was up to the stage of not going out by myself in case something happened to me (I had been out with my family) so having read your story i took the bull by the horns one day and as all my family were out I decided to just do it, got my coat on and walked around the block by myself, terrifying but liberating at the same time and I sent a photo after I got back to my husband and daughter as I felt so proud ? the next steps are going back to work in the next few months which feels so daunting but like the walk I now feel u just have to jump straight in and see what happens when the times right.  So once again thank you for your story as it really helped me a lot ?

Thanks Mathew, a positive and inspiring message for the rest of us.