A stroke ffs

I seem to be improving, still have tired days but not as many.

Hello Jane,

Also cerebellar stroke survivor (September 2020), we are a clique. Was able to walk but have what I have diagnosed as stereopsis, cannot judge distances which mucks up my equilibrium. Glad to here you have a phased return to work planned. :) 

Rups

Colin, I remember those days well, we were both in the same boat as far as improvements went and every day was a struggle. It is great to be able to occasonially help someone for whom stroke is very new. I'm still around after 6years of fighting it!

Deigh 

Dear Deigh

nice to hear from you. I think i have made a bit of a computer nonsense, but there are more important things to deal with.

coldest ever April over here and the first calendar month to record zero rainfall. My poor plants are climbing out of their pots in the conservatory, too cold to go outdoors. 

best wishes

colin

Hi - I'm 8 weeks on from my stroke. Initially lost my left side for 10 days or so.

Rest is key, fatigue is an issue - listen to your body, know when to take a break. I'm back at work (part time), driving & walking now up to 1/2 hour per day. 

Thank you for your feedback.

Small increases in effort is the best approach. Not too much too soon. Best to take a break or lie down as and when tired.

For me in the early stages of recovery, I could do physical or mental exercise, but not at the same time. I find that listening to a group of people was more difficult than a one to one conversion.

i found physical exercise needed a lot of concentration, to avoid tumbles or mistakes.

All the best,

Graham