A stroke at 33

Hi all

I’m Maroulla and this year I had a stroke as a complication of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. It’s been scary as my symptoms were a headache that was so severe! I never had headaches so unsure as to what was going on. I hope to connect with people who have had a similar experience and get an idea of help and support I can get. Any help will be greatly received :relaxed:

3 Likes

@maroulla.w.anderson welcome to our friendly forum and I’m sorry you had a stroke.

You will find a-lot of support and advice from us SS.

Your stroke is similar I think to mine and a few others. Cerebellar lacuna infarct at back of my head!

Did you have the AstraZeneca jab by any chance?

I hope you are starting to recover and send my best wishes to you. Listen to your body and rest when needed.

Help wise… your GP can put you in touch with counselling, there are help groups and the stroke forum on here offer a lot of support.

Kind regards Loraine

Hi, welcome to our forum, so sorry to hear of your stroke at such a young age. Hopefully you will find this a useful website. Feel free to ask questions or to rant and have a moan if you feel it necessary. Another website you may find helpful is www.differentstrokes.co.uk a UK stroke charity providing a unique service to younger stroke survivors. Hope you find them useful.

Regards Sue

1 Like

@maroulla.w.anderson welcome to the forum but sorry you had a stroke. I had a different type of stroke but there are many here who will be able to advise.

Hopefully your recovery is going well.

Best wishes to you & we look forward to hearing more from you.

Ann x

1 Like

I had a different type of stroke to you but I am sure you will find the help and support on this site very useful. all the best for your recovery, Moira. :bouquet:

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch and I had Pfizer but they’re unsure to the cause of the clots that I had. Seems like a supportive forum so I’m glad for the advice

1 Like

Hi,

I hope you’re keeping well and recovering well. It’s just about taking it a day at a time.

1 Like

Thank you Moira that’s kind of you to say

Thanks Sue, I will give the link a visit and see what information I can find

@moira.mcgeough welcome to the group, though sorry you’ve had a stroke. You’ll find lots of support and encouragement here and the Stroke association have lots of helpful articles for you to read.

Hope all upis going well with your rehabilitation.

Best wishes

Welcome and good luck on your journey to recovery. I had a bleed the day after my 50th birthday june 5th this year.

Hi - I also had a CVST - if I can give you any help :thinking: