A step,,,or several,,, in the right direction

After bombarding John with all the positive messages on here, he actually dictated a post last night. Today, he was up early  to join our U3A group playing boules! Then, because it has been a lovely day here, he decided he’d walk along the coast at Seaham (without me prodding him along) this afternoon. He’d done 7000 Fitbit steps, walking over two miles. He was delighted to inform me that he’d kept his left hand in his pocket until he felt confident to start swinging it. How I wish I’d been one of those seagulls with the Birdseye view!!lol! Obviously he was tired but not as shattered as I’d expected but he did have an hour on the bed when he got back.

Well, he has decided he’s fit enough to go to the dance tonight, (ballroom and sequence). Mostly we sit and watch  but he does try a couple of sequence dances occasionally. He’s forgotten a lot of the steps but we shuffle round and our fellow dancers are so supportive. Tomorrow is classed as a ‘quiet’ day for us and no doubt we’ll need it after that marathon! 

Take care all of you. V&J

Sounds great fun, and hope you enjoy your rest day xx  ?

What a fantastic achievement.  Welldone to you both. Have a  well earned rest tomorrow. 

Kind Regards 

Kay 

Thank you Kay. It was a good night. Good luck with your hospital visit.  I’m finding navigating this site very difficult as posts I’d previously looked at seem to have disappeared so unable to help my dinosaur husband through it. If I miss responding to people it means I’ve missed the messages doh! 

Thank you Nic, as I’ve said to Kay, if I don’t respond,  my navigation through this site isn’t working for me. Take care, V&J

I've mentioned the changes to this site many times.  Including that  thought the site was meant to be easy for S.S's and their supporters. Not to show how cleaver the Web designer and the team are grrrr!!!!.

Hope you both have a good day! 

I agree. There seems to be no easy way to find previous posts. I belong to a Coeliac message board and that is simple to navigate. The messages are chronological and you can open and close each topic as you wish. Ah well,,,,

We wish! !!

I was on board when the old forum was in situ. It was so much more easy. I was struggling with a lack of mental ability and I could use the old site. This site is pretty hopeless. I can not follow various strings. That is serious for newcomers who are struggling.

Colin

Yes, Colin. I’m usually quite savvy with message boards but it took me a loooong time to find your post after I noticed it at the head of new messages!! I was going backwards and forwards!

Hi John!

Thank you for your feedback. We’d just like to let you know that we've had a meeting with the Head of Digital and are writing proposals to improve the experience and order of posts within the social pages, specifically for stroke survivors. These changes will take time, and funding, and so may not happen immediately, but rest assured you are being listened to. As valued members of the My Stroke Guide community we’d like to invite you to feedback on our proposals. If this appeals, please email us at mystrokeguide@stroke.org.uk, or directly inbox us on My Stroke Guide.

Thank you again. 

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your feedback. We’ve had a meeting with the Head of Digital, and we are writing proposals to improve the experience within the social pages. These changes will take time, and funding, and so may not happen immediately, but rest assured we are developing My Social thanks to your continued suggestions. As a valued member of the My Stroke Guide community we’d like to invite you to feedback on our proposals. If this appeals, please email us at mystrokeguide@stroke.org.uk, or directly inbox us on My Stroke Guide.

Thank you again. 

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your feedback. We’d just like to let you know that we've had a meeting with the Head of Digital, and we are now working to improve the experience within the social pages, specifically for stroke survivors. These changes will take time, and funding, and so may not happen immediately, but rest assured you are being listened to and we appreciate your comments. As valued members of the My Stroke Guide community, we’d like to invite you to feedback on our proposals. If this appeals and you'd like to assist us, please email us at mystrokeguide@stroke.org.uk, or directly inbox us on My Stroke Guide.

Thank you again. Have a good afternoon!

Good to hear. It is relevant to make the site easy to access as soon as we are capable of communicating. I got my help on the "old" forum and would hope future SS will benefit from your revised site, when it is done.

Thank you

Colin 

Thank you for your consideration

best wishes

Colin

Thanks for having another look at our  issues with the current site. This is an invaluable resource to everyone who visits it.  It's just got some "temporary " glitches at the moment. 

Thank you for listening and hope you are able to resolve the issues quickly. V&J

It was good to see John achieving what he did on Monday but he’s had to take it a bit easier since then! We go out somewhere every day though and have done since his Stroke last year. Initially it was pushing the trolley around the supermarket then advanced to short visits then shortish walks along the coast. Monday’s walk by himself was another milestone! Remembering dance steps was the icing on the cake!

When I look back and see what we tackled in the early weeks it is astonishing, given that the Consultant showed me his scan and explained had we not got treatment immediately then John wouldn’t be here to tell the tale. I call it The Miracle of Modern Medicine! Watching it enable John to change from being totally paralysed and unable to speak to first moving a finger, begin to respond, begin to move, to slur answers all within the space of two hours is humbling. By the time our sons arrived in Durham from Devon and Derbyshire he was actually propped up in bed. His discharge six days later was helped by the cooperation of the staff on the Ward allowing me in all day to encourage him do physio and OT exercises. Of course, the hero in all this is John himself. He just kept on trying to do things. 

Since then, progress has been a lot slower so to celebrate Monday’s achievements is brilliant for us both. 

Sorry if I’ve gone on a bit but I’m so proud of him. Veronica

What a brilliant tale such an inspiration! !

Hi Veronica - I echo your feelings, and don't feel guilty about feeling proud of even the smallest achievements, let alone the more spectacular ones!  I think the mistake I still tend to make is, being so happy when he has a good day that I forget there will probably be pay-back at some point, but being a bit of a slouch myself, I'm usually happy to have a sofa day now and then, and I think about giving his brain a rest with time to re-group, ready for the next diary date!!  (Longest sentence in the world?) ? 

Have a great day whatever you're doing, give each other lots of hugs it's great therapy ?