A letter of encouragement to my newly stroked self

Rups - Is that what they call an iambic-pentameter?!
:confused: :smiley:

2 Likes

Gosh that’s a term i’ve not heard for a few years…well more thn a few really :grin:

1 Like

@Rups thats brilliant

1 Like

The good lord has planted a seed of Peace and joy

2 Likes

Aye, of sorts, it is. I just call it prosody.

Had to look that up…

2 Likes

Wow never heard of that word before

1 Like

Oh hey again me, tut tut got too cocky there for a moment didn’t we?! Still lucky enough to be around to tell the tale but you weren’t expecting the TIA 3 days before the 2 month mark… looks like the stroke wasn’t just a one off life hitch then. Doubled up on BP meds, doubled up on stressing people out, doubled up on feeling out of control, can’t please anyone, least of all myself. Wow. Alive and kicking and still lucky to look unchanged, but feeling so helpless and futile, there must be a positive in there somewhere, you just got to dig deeper to find it.

3 Likes

I know we all say recovery is two steps forward and one step back, but did you really have to take such a big one :wink: Please don’t go for the hat trick :pray:

I feel your pain and frustration, I was the same for the first 6mths, if I could just make it to that 6mth mark I’m stand a better chance of not having another one.
It was like the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, I had 2 miscarriages so close to the 12 week mark :confounded: I also had 2 healthy ones so all good :smile:

So, it was a TIA this time, a bit like the after shock from an earthquake, hopefully just a small set back in your recovery, you can manage that :wink:

I’m staying positive for you while you have your moment to lick your wounds as you are entitled to do. Take it easy on yourself though, get plenty of rest and find something to laugh about. You’ve still a lot of hope for recovery so just take one day at a time and let the future take care of itself when it comes :wink: :hugs:

3 Likes

Well good lord he will bless you with a child if follow his Commandments