39 years old - had a minor stroke

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure 3 years ago has been under control with meds but last Wednesday at work I went to get up and collapsed as I had no strength in my left leg. Went A and E and they confirmed I had a minor stroke. Currently writing this from my hospital bed.

It’s my left leg which I’m having issues with and after reading posts on this site I know the after effects of my stroke is not as bad as some of you but I think wanted to see if there was anyone of a similar age on here?

Looking forward to getting to know you all more as I work through my recovery!

1 Like

You may think you are too young to have a stroke. In reality anyone of any age can suffer a stroke. There are people on here at a range of ages. I am now old (64) but was 32 when I had a stroke.
Janet

@RaksP welcome to the forum although sorry you’ve had a stroke. I was 49 when I had my stroke (50 now) and I too was told i’d had a minor stroke but 12 months on it doesn’t feel like it was minor. I know it could have been much much worse though.
A lot of stroke survivors get hit by fatigue & at this early stage its important to lusten to your body & rest when you need to. Your brain needs plenty of rest so it can work its magic.
Hopefully physio will help you get your leg back working properly again.
Have a read through the posts on the forum. There’s plenty of advice there. Ask away when you need to.
Wishing you all the best as you go along your recovery journey.
Best wishes.

Ann x

Hi, welcome to this forum. Sorry to hear of your stroke at such a young age.

A useful website you might be interested in is differentstrokes.co.uk A UK stroke charity providing a unique service to younger stroke survivors.

Hope this is useful. Good luck with your recovery and feel free ask questions or rant and moan if you feel the need.

Regards Sue

Back at home sick from work still can’t walk without help need walking stick. Thinking of working from home. Scared of what I’ll be paid this month didn’t expect not to be working

I’ve been off work 13 months now. Hoping to return very soon. When i was fiagnosed with my stroke I thought I’d be back at work in a couple of weeks.

Money is a worry but my advice is to take all the time you need to recover. Your health is more important. Talk to citizens advice about what you may be eligible to claim. Might help ease the pressure a bit.

Best wishes.

Ann