12 months on………

I was only really bad (dizzy and vomiting) for a day and felt better after a night on the ward (having a daugther who is a nurse at the hospital probably helped me get a bed) but afterwards the loss of balance lasted about two months. It did wear off and I had one glorious week when it disappeared altogether but it comes back when I’m either tired or think about it too much.

Thank you. My really bad dizziness has lasted a week now. They wanted to keep me in the other night but there wasn’t a bed in the hospital and a queue of people waiting for them. They have given me high dose aspirin to take until I go back to clinic on Monday. Really hoping it goes before then.

Stroke does give us some challenges doesn’t it. xx

Good evening Ann @Mrs5K. Your post is moving and so positive. Thank you for sharing where you are. I am so sorry to hear of your recent concerns and hope things settle soon. Julia x

Thank you for your kind words @JuliaH xx

1 Like

I’d forgotten that Worzel Gummidge could change his head!

I’m so sorry you’re not feeling great at present and hope the stroke clinic can provide some help on Monday.

Just wanted to say that since my stroke you have been so helpful and supportive even ‘though you have your own issues you always take the time to reach out to others when they need it.

You’re great Mrs 5k!

2 Likes

Awwww @DDMH you’ve made me blush :blush::blush: if amongst my waffle one person has found something useful then that makes me happy.

How are you doing now? I often think about you & really hope your horrid heads have eased a bit. I’ll request a Worzel Gummidge head for you too if you’d like one :grin::grin:

Take care.

Ann xxx

2 Likes

Awww thats nice @Pontwander i’m glad I met everyone here althoughnot glad we’ve all had cause to be here.

Hope you’re doing ok.

Ann x

You nearly had me crying :smiling_face_with_tear: it’s a really hard road and more to come I guess but you have to be positive and proud to be where you are now …it’s been 1 year and two months for me the stroke was a horrible thing for me what’s been worse is work and the dwp where I’ve got little or no help but I’m alive I can walk see smile talk I’ve been very lucky … you’ve just got to keep fighting that’s how I got to where I am now where I go in the future I don’t know I hope you get better and you have a great future

2 Likes

@HarDKnocK19 thank you. Its tough isn’t it but we have to keep moving forward. I’m mainly positive but, as everyone else does i’m sure, I have my down days.

Wishing you all the best with your recovery too.

Ann xx

2 Likes

Morning Mrs5K like you in early days thought I’d had a mild stroke, said on phone to lady on Stroke Association site “ had a stroke but not a bad one” She pulled me up with a jerk “ All strokes are bad”. All different and challenging. You have right from start given positive advice which we all need more than anything else. Just read your write up in magazine.
If thoughts ‘are things with wings’ All on this site are spurring you on to hopefully get back to work :kissing_heart:. Paul
[/quote]

3 Likes

@Pds thank you for your kind words. I like you was told I’d had a mild stroke. Great I thought I’ll be back to normal in a couple of weeks…mmmmm how wrong was I. If I had to have a stroke then finding this forum has got tp be one of the best things to come out of it. That and getting 12 months off work :rofl:
I too am spurring you & everyone on to be the best that you can be with the hands we’ve been dealt.
Best wishes

Ann xx

3 Likes